Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tank you...

Hey, hey!

I've got a really fun card to share today that I made for the latest Kraftin Kimmie Saturday challenge which is 'anything goes'. I had colored up this enchanting mermaid from the Sea Jewels set on Saturday just so I could be ahead of the game later in the week. There was no paper pulled and no design plan, I just colored and fussy cut her out. Then the mail came and in it was the new Fintastic Friends set from Lawn Fawn. I had gotten it more for the fish and sentiments than anything else but as I was looking the set over the tank looked big enough to fit my little Sea Jewel into quite comfortably... thus an idea was born. 

So I stamped the tank once on blue vellum (wiping away the sand and inner tank lines), twice on clear vellum and once on Copic X-Press it. I colored and cut out the sand and tank bottom, glued it onto one of the clear vellum tanks then sat the mermaid inside. Next I cut out the blue vellum water and just the top of the tank above the waves and ran them through my dusty xyron sticker maker (that was shocked at finally being used) because I didn't want any adhesive to show through the vellum and I needed a lot of stick. Then all I had to do was peel and stick those pieces right over Sea Jewel to make it look like she was resting inside the tank. I couldn't resist adding the fish food jar, and one I altered a bit to look like it was open, because it was just too funny. All in all this card was a lot of fun to make and it totally makes me smile.  :)

Ok, gotta jet... laters! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Echo Park 
vellum
stamps- Kraftin Kimmie (Sea Jewels set), Lawn Fawn (Fintastic Friends set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Simon Says Stamp stitched circle die
Kaiser Kraft gems
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
eyeshadow/lips- RV14, RV10, RV91, RV93, RV95
hair- Y11, Y21, E35
eyes- G43, G46, BG000, 0
tail- RV02, RV04, RV19, T5
top- R56, RV99
tank/fish food- C1, C2, C5, E30, E33, E34, BG11, BG53, BG05, YG00, YG21, YG25, Y17, YR24
crab- Y38, YR18, RV02, RV04, RV19

5 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh my goodness! !!!!!! This is really FINTASTIC! !!!!!!! SAME happy mail I got Saturday! !!Started making a card last night with the tank set but didn't get to finish. This us a very clever and creative card. Totally love it alll. She is a Beauty!!
Hugs, Heidi

Kate said...

Awe, she is my fav sea jewel, that was really clever of you. I've never heard of blue velum before. My fav is the little crab, so cute! I just got my "I'm so Jelly" set in the mail a few weeks ago, I just love it.

Tootles.

Kate

Carisa said...

omgosh, you are so dang clever!!! I love this card! I am in LOVE with your mermaid month! Gosh, girl! HOW many mermaid stamps do you have?! haha

Tracy said...

Love it, what a cute idea. I am awaiting my Fantastic Fins set arrival, so now I have another cleaver idea for it.

designermc said...

What a fabulous idea and card. You are always so cleaver and inspiring.
Nancy