Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Take flight...

Hey there!

Well here we are, time to wrap up this month of mermaids. I've had so much fun making all these mermaid cards and I kinda don't know what to do now, LOL! Aw, I'm sure I'll think of something. And its not like there won't be mermaids joining the rotation later this summer as well. As good as I did getting many stamps inked and onto cards there are still a handful sitting on my desk waiting for their turn.

Today's card is for the ADFD 'pieced or pierced' challenge and I used the fintastically cute Curious Daughter digi. For the pierced element on my card I used a stitched circle die from My Favorite Things. I stamped the monochromatic wave background with some old stamps from my scrapbooking days. The seagull silhouette stamps are something I'm especially proud of. For years I have been wanting a set of small birds in flight silhouette stamps but I've never been able to find any. So yesterday I decided to make my own. I had some grey rubber left over from trimming new stamps and I drew the shapes I wanted then just trimmed them out. I was so nervous testing them on a scratch piece of paper but I am thrilled with the results. So much so that I may make a few more once I get more scrap rubber. Now this little mermaid can sit on her rock and dream about a life on land.   ;)

Thanks for joining me this past month and I hope to see you again tomorrow! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
digital stamp- A Day for Daisies (Curious Daughter)
stamps- Fancy Pants (Summer Soiree), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Versafine onyx black, Studio Calico clear blue
Kaiser Craft pearls
My Favorite Things stitched circle die
Ranger Liquid pearls
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E50, E21, R00, R20, E04, BV20
hair- Y02, YR21, YR14, E09
tail- Y00, YG11, FYG2, G07, Y02
headpiece/top- R12, R32, R56, G07, YG67, YR02, YR15, YR18, Y32, Y21, E81, BG000
rock- C0, C1, C3, W0, W1, W3, Y000
sea/sky- BG000, BG02, B00, Y0000, Y000, Y00, Y11


5 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Wowzers! ! ! ! This is totally tubular! !!!!! Amazed by your seagulls you made too. Can't believe that today is the last day of June either. Christmas is right around the corner! !!!
Have a wonderful day! !
Hugs, Heidi

Marianne said...

Gorgeous card, Amy, and your seagulls turned out great!
I haven't had time to visit much lately, but I did notice you've been up to your neck (or is it wais lol) in mermaids lately.
Marianne x

Dotty Jo said...

Great card - love the seagulls! Jo x

Kate said...

Amy, I really love the way you designed this card, so clever!

Cathy P said...

Your color is magnificent! I love the hair and her fins.