Thursday, June 18, 2015

Follow your dreams...

Mornin' friends!

I've got another Sugar Nellie mermaid to share today and another entry into their Sugar Bowl 'anything goes' challenge. This sweet stamp is called Under the Sea and both the mermaid and her sea turtle pal come together, though I cut the rubber apart before foam mounting it so that I can stamp them separately. This is another one where I started coloring without any papers or a specific design in mind. Once I had these Under the Sea friends colored up I searched through my stash for some paper that would inspire this card to come together. When I found this ooooold Karen Foster scrap I knew I had a winner. It mimics the look of a watercolor painting of waves and since watercolor is so hot right now this makes this card look much more creative than it really is, LOL!  ;)
While fussy cutting the mermaid I chose to do a slight bit of altering on her left arm by snipping it off and re-gluing it just a smidge lower so that the angle of her invisible shoulder looked more natural to me. It's a little thing but it makes me so much happier with the end result. That seaweed down at the bottom of the card is just a single Prima flower that I cut up and I think it grounds the scene in a clever way. 

Well, thank for popping by once again. Take care and I will see you manana!  :)    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press it
paper- Karen Foster
stamps- Sugar Nellie (Under the Sea), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black
Prima flower
Kaiser Craft pearls
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, 
eyeshadow/lips- YG00, BG000, RV21
hair- E21, E34, E57, E59
tail- RV00, RV10, RV52, RV55, YG0000, YG00
top- G00, BG34, YG25
turtle- YG00, YG06, G14, BG11, BG34

4 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is really very Beautiful! !!! What a clever idea on using the flower for seaweed too.
Hug, Heidi

serina said...

pretty!

Heidi Brawley said...

Omg did u know they featured both of your sugar Nellie mermaid cards over on the Sugar Nellie blog??? So exciting! !!!!
Hugs, Heidi

Cass said...

Fantastic card. Thanks for joining us at the Sugar Bowl.
Cass xx