Tuesday, June 23, 2015

You're Fintastic...

Hi ya! 

Anyone else dreaming of sandy beaches and cool, clear waves? I sure am. It's getting hot again and we are due to hit temps over 108 by the weekend with no relief in sight. Luckily, there is a big blue lake calling my name and I'm planning on spending some serious time in the water to keep cool, all the while dreaming of being a mermaid.  ;)

And it looks like this lovely mermaid may be having some dreams of her own... though they are most likely filled with dancing across the sand rather than riding the waves. Mermaid Queen is the name of the SOG digital stamp gracing today's card and as you can see, I went to town with the blues and aquas. I am SO happy with how her hair turned out, it is one of the rare times when it looks just how I pictured it in my mind. There is also more of the Fintastic Friends set from Lawn Fawn, originally I was just going to use the sentiment but then I thought it would be funny if she was passing time building a little sand castle as well. 

Alrighty, thanks for stopping by. I've got a day off so hopefully I can spend the afternoon either at the lake or in a nice air conditioned crafty room.  :) 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- BoBunny (sand), My Mind's Eye (blue)
digital stamp- Some Odd Girl (Mermaid Queen)
stamps- Lawn Fawn (Fintastic Friends set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versafine onyx black
Doodlebug sequins
Ranger Liquid Pearls
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E50, E00, E21, R00, R20, E04, BV20
eyes- BG15, B06, B39
hair- BG11, BG34, BG49, BG15, B06, B39
tail- B04, B06, B39, BG34
everything else- YR02, YR65, YR09, Y11, Y21, Y26, Y28, E40, E81, 0

3 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is sooo very Beautiful! !! That paper is perfect with the her and the scene you created. Love it all.
Hugs, Heidi

Danni said...

I have been loving all the mermaid cards you've created this month! You still amaze me with your creativity!! Love the way you colored this beauty!! A wonderful card! Stay cool if you can!

Dotty Jo said...

Beautiful! Jo x