Monday, June 8, 2015

You're special...

Hello, hello again!

It's another beautiful June day and I've got yet another mermaid card to share. Today's card features Aurora from Sister Stamps, whom I just adore, as well as a friendly turtle pal also from Sister Stamps.  I am such a fan of these stamps and I'm secretly hoping they will design some fairies someday soon so I can add them to my collection of fantasy type stamps. :)
I paired Aurora and Mr. Turtle with some older scraps of Doodlebug papers I found in my stash, that stripe even dates back from 2001... yikes! It can't be a good thing when your crafty supplies start making you feel old, LOL! Anywho, I really like how they both look like they are going against the flow which ties back to the sentiment nicely. 

Now I know this month is all about our flippered friends but I do have a special little four legged guy to introduce you to. Meet Cosmo, he is the newest member of the Young household and even though I am starting to feel like a bit of a 'crazy cat lady' this handsome fellow has quickly found a place in my heart. And luckily he is getting along quite nicely with his big brothers. I'm not sure what I will do if he takes a liking to spending time in the crafty room too... three cats on my desk won't leave me a whole lot of space to get anything done, LOL! :)

Later gators!

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Doodlebug
stamps- Sister Stamps (Aurora Mermaid and Turtle set), Paper Smooches (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versamark clear
American Crafts Zing white embossing powder
Doodlebug border sticker
Doodlebug Silver Sprinkles
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- RV52, RV55, RV17, RV69
tail/shells- BG000, BG53, BG15, BG07, W1, W3, RV00, BG000
turtle- YG41, G12, BG32, G02, G16, YG01, R20


3 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh your card is sooo very Beautiful! !!Love her pink hair and that DP is pretty too.
love your new kitty. Such a cutie. We have a basset hound and a mini pig. Fine when the hound comes into crafty room but when the pig comes in I am always yelling Quit chewing on my craft baaskets!!! Lol
Have an Awesome week doll!!
Hugs, Heidi

Tracy said...

Loving all your mermaid cards and cute paper you have to go with them! Thanks for sharing about your new addition, he is adorable!!

Kate said...

Thats very funny Heidi! Beautiful card Amy, she is so cute! I've never seen a Japanese Mermaid before!!!