Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Thinking of you...

Olo!

Today I am playing along in the current challenge over at A Day for Daisies, which is to CASE one of the DT member's cards. I chose to pull inspiration from this lovely card created by Broni. Not only did her card get me to create another 'smooshed' watercolor background but I also found myself adding sequins and a white sentiment against the watercolor. All of this creates a lovely background for this Mermaid in a Jar digi that I have just been dying to color up. Being quite familiar with the idea of fairies trapped in a jar this was the first stamp I'd seen that had a tiny mermaid caught in the same situation and I love it. Though I'm sure it is only a temporary situation for her... perhaps she is being relocated to a new pond or lagoon.  ;)

Well, thanks for stopping by today. I catch ya' again tomorrow!  :)
 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
water color paper
digital stamp- A Day for Daisies (Mermaid in a Jar)
stamp- Simon Says Stamp (sentiment)
ink- Versamark clear, Tim Holtz Distress mermaid lagoon, peacock feathers, mustard seed, shabby shutters
Doodlebug and Studio Calico sequins
American Crafts Zing white embossing powder
Kaiser Craft gems
Ranger Glossy Accents
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E50, E00, R00, R20, R22
hair- E81, E84, E87
tail- YG23, G07, YG67, Y04, Y15
sand- E30, E41, E42, E43
fish- Y04, Y15, Y38
jar/water- YR21, Y21, Y26, Y28, B0000, B000, B00

5 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is sooo very Beautiful! !!!!!!! We love it all! !!!!!!!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Tracey Ann said...

This is one of my favorites... so crazy awesome Amy!! Love everything about it... the background, darling mermaid... and, your message! Thank you, as always, for sharing!

Kate said...

On wow, I've never heard of a mermaid in a jar, that's so cute. You really outdid yourself Amy, what a super fantastic job.

Broni said...

I LOVE your smooshed background, the sequins and white sentiment and especially your adorable "trapped" mermaid. I'm quite sure she's being relocated! Thanks for joining us at A Day For Daisies and thanks for CASEing my card!!

Heidi Brawley said...

CONGRATS on your win at A Day For Daisies!!!!!! Whoot Whoot!!!!