Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Hello...

Good morning! 

Today's mermaid comes from the Under the Sea set from Some Odd Girl. She's been stamped up and waiting to fulfill her card destiny for quite some time and while her sister was colored up ages ago this little lady hadn't been as lucky. But I think the wait was worth it because I know she wouldn't have turned out half as cool two years ago.

The card design all started with the ombre washi tape that I wanted to use. With its blend of mint and coral I thought it would be perfectly pretty for a mermaid. Next I couldn't resist jumping on the watercolor background bandwagon that seems to be all the rage over on Pinterest. The 'smooshing' was actually a lot of fun so don't be surprised if this technique pops up on my blog again sometime soon. When it came time to color up this mermaid I kept coming back to that coral color which then got me to thinking about beautiful spotted koi fish and I knew I had my inspiration. I'm sure that a koi mermaid is just as lucky as the fish are believed to be. ;)

Well thanks for stopping by for day two of my month of mermaids. I'll be swimming by with another card tomorrow. 
Laters!  :)   
Supply list:
cardstock- Hero Arts, Copic X-Press It, and Watercolor paper
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Under the Sea set), Papertrey Ink (Swoosh sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Hero Arts peach ombre, Tim Holtz Distress Abandoned Coral and Dried Marigold, Studio Calico Mint Hint
Pink Fresh washi tape
Papertrey Ink swoosh sentiment die
Studio Calico sequins
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, BV20, R02, R05
eyes- BG10, G00, BG34
hair- YR000, R02, R12, R05, YR07, E09
tail- YR000, R02, R12, R05, YR07, W0, W2, W3, W4
top- G00, BG34, BG18

4 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

BEAUTFUL!!! YA I too have been playing around with water colors and distress inks Thanks to watching Kristina Werner videos. Lol u should come out with a new video! !! Was super excited to see your creativeness today and u didn't disappoint. Have a Fintastic day! !!!!
Hugs, Heidi and Brooke

Marianne said...

Gorgeous. Love your smooshed background. Will have to do some serious smooshing myself, especially after watching Laura Bassen and Kristina Werner during the current Online Card Class.
Marianne x

Jane said...

Fantastic work, I especially love the amazing background!

Dotty Jo said...

Loving the mermaid themed cards! Jo x