Monday, June 15, 2015

You make my world bright...

Good morning!

Well the weekend was fantastic but it just flew by. We did end up going to Spokane and it became a whole girls trip as both of my sisters and mom were with me. Needless to say we had ourselves a very good time and didn't get back until late last night. I was smart though, and got a CAS card done on Saturday so that I could have a quick post today before I rush off to work. 

Today's mermaid comes from Some Odd Girl and she is called Mermaid Piper. This lovely little lass looked to me like she makes the waters of the Bahamas her home so I gave her a beautiful, warm skin tone. Initially I pulled all my Copic colors from some pattern paper that turned out to be too busy with this peaceful looking scene and in the end I didn't even use it. Instead some shimmery gold paper just looked right, a minimal amount of embellishing and this card was done.

Ok then, time for me to get moving. Take care and I'll talk at'cha later. :)    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
Papertrey Ink gold paper
digital stamp- Some Odd Girl (Mermaid Piper)
stamp- Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Versafine onyx black
gold thread
Prima flower
Doodlebug gold Sprinkle
Paper Smooches stitched wave die
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E51, E53, E34, E04, R20, BV20
eyeshadow- Y11, Y21
eyes- YG93, E84, E87
hair- C5, C7, 100
tail- YR12, YR04, YR09, YR18, R46, Y21, Y38
top/pearl- B21, B23, B24, C1, C2, E40, 0
rock- W1, C2, C4
sea/sky- YG11, BG10, Y000, Y11, Y21

2 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh it's very Beautiful! !! I have been anxiously awaiting for Monday to see your next mermaid creation!!! I got to go to a 1 day stamp show with my best in Saturday. I bought a really cool looking mermaid die I hadn't seen before. I got a few good deals on some stamps too. Saturday's mail brought memail my lawn fawn recent release too!!! Was a great weekend! Have a wonderful week doll.
Hugs, Heidi

Dotty Jo said...

Magical! Jo x