Thursday, June 11, 2015

You're a gem...

Hi ya!

Today I'm playing along in the current 'anything goes' Sugar Bowl challenge and I have inked up the lovely Ocean's Gift stamp to do so. I have the rubber version of this image which is no longer available but the digi version can be found right here. She's definitely a bit edgier looking than most of my other mermaid stamps, what with that funky hair-do she's sportin'. So I wanted to show her softer side, thus the cool color palette of light blues, greens and purples. The papers are an old favorite of mine from the long defunct Scrapbook Wizard company. In fact I have this same bubble print in several other color ways and I am tempted to make more mermaid cards using them as well. :)

Alrighty, time for me to scoot my boot. 
Talk at'cha later!

    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Scrapbook Wizard
stamps- Sugar Nellie (Ocean's Gift), Studio Calico (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Studio Calico deja blue
My Favorite Things Delicate Doily mini die
Prima flowers
Kaiser Craft pearls
Ranger liquid pearls
Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, RV21
hair- BV31, B63, B66, BV29
clothes- G20, G43, G24, YG0000
tail- B21, B23, B26, BV31, B0000
pearl- E40, C0, C2, C4, BV31, 0
coral/rock- BV20, V25, V28, C2, C4, W1
sand/sea- E50, E42, E44, B0000, 0
seahorse- YG0000, YG01, YG21, G43

8 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh another Fintastic and Swishy creation! !! Love.....♡♡♡♡♡
Hugs, Heidi

Larisa said...


Great coloring.. awesome papers! Love your card!

Dotty Jo said...

Amazing colouring and I love all the pretty pearl details in her hair, Jo x

Nikki said...

This is just so pretty

serina said...

I love this card! You're amazing!

suzanne2 said...

oh wow your colouring is stunning, I love her hair. what a great sentiment to use with this image. love it!
thank you for joining us at the sugar bowl.
Suzanne x

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

This is so super gorgeous! I love the blue hair and your fab shading. Hugs, Wends x

Mummylade said...

You should definitely do more mermaid cards, this one is amazing! Thank you for playing along with us at the Sugar Bowl, hope to see you again.