Thursday, September 24, 2015

A good day...

Mornin' friends! 

This turned out to be a bit of a throw back Thursday since I decided to revisit the adorable Playful Henry stamp from CC Designs. It's been a couple years since I'd last colored him up and it is always fun to see the different approaches and the progress I've continued to make in my coloring. For my card layout I wanted to play off the motion Henry is creating as he kicks his way through those leaves by die cutting and coloring a few more leaves to burst out of the frame. It was only after all that that I realized there was no room for a sentiment, which is nearly unheard of for an Amy card, LOL! But have no fear, I printed out my own sentiment for the inside of the card that reads, "It's a good day to have a great day". All in all I had a great time creating this card and it is a good reminder that as much as I love getting new stamps there are lots of treasures like Henry in my stash that I shouldn't forget about.  ;)

Talk to ya later!
Supply list:
cardstock- DCWV and Copic X-Press It
paper- Authentique (Grateful)
stamp- CC Designs (RR Playful Henry)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
iCandy dots
Lawn Fawn stitched leaves dies
Memory Box stitched oval die
ribbon
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- YR31, YR24, E35
clothes- E55, E34, E35, G40, G82, G85, E81, 0, YR14, YR27, E08, E40, E41, E42, E44, E47
leaves- Y02, Y21, YR23, YR15, YR09, E07, Y21, G43, G46
grass- G40, G42, E31
sky- B000, 0

2 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh what a cutie! !!!! Love the paper. In fact I am in the middle of my own fall card using the same cu t email Authentique paper!!!!! Mine uses Twila on it.
Hugs, Heidi

Yenni Natalia said...

so love with this image. he really had fun playing with leaves and you colour it beautifully ^_^