Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Thank you...

Mornin' friends! 

I made today's card for the current challenge over at A Day For Daisies which is 'add some plaid'. I absolutely adore this sweet image called Puppy Sitter and I figured she would work for an early fall kind of card. First off I had to find the right plaid to base my color palette around and when I spotted this scrap of October Afternoon paper it was an absolute yes. With all of the orange, reds and yellows that I've been doing, and will continue to do, this paper gave me an opportunity to play with blues and still be on target seasonally. And yes, those are the Color Layering trees again though I changed things up a bit and used green and yellow ink for the leaves. Then I got to thinking that it would be really cute if I had this sweet girl taking her puppies for a walk in the apple orchard so I used a tiny hole punch on a bit of extra rubber and jabbed it with a stick pin so I could stamp random red apples on to the trees. Ahhhh... perfect.  ;)

Okey dokey, I've got to get moving. Talk at'cha later!   :)    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Detours)
digital stamp- A Day For Daisies (Puppy Sitter)
stamps- Hero Arts (Color Layering Fall Trees), Mama Elephant (sentiment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa, Hero Arts brown and green ombre, Studio Calico well red and lemon zest
Simon Says Stamp stitched rectangle die
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53, E55
clothes- B04, B06, B39, BG10, BG53, BG72, E50, E81, 0, E44, E47, E49
dogs- T5, T7, T9, E40, E41, 0, 100, R24, R29, Y38, YR07, Y19, Y17
grass- YG03, YG91, YG95
sky- B000

9 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh my this is Super cute! !!!! I love it. Brooke loves plaid like her momma bless her heart!!! Have a wonderful day doll.
Hugs, Heidi

Unknown said...

Hello Amy, how you've been?? I haven't been around in blogland much lately, but thought I'd hop by today for some inspiration :) This is adorable, I just looove the colors, image and everything about your card. Big hugs xxxx

Dotty Jo said...

Simply magical! Jo x

Julie D. Richards said...

Simply adorable. Imiss your images, and your videos. Any chance of a new video?

Tracey Ann said...

Love this! You are so inspiring!

Delphine said...

What a gorgeous, gorgeous card! I love it! Hugs Delphine xx

Cindy said...

Super cute card and image! Love this! Thanks for sharing with us at ADFD.

Jen Leeflang said...

How adorable - I love the mix of papers! Thanks for joining us at our A Day for Daisies Challenge - Add Plaid. Please join us again soon.
Love
Jen L
ADFD DT

AJ Bodine said...

Your card is gorgeous and I love how you colored her vibrant blue skirt and bow!