Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Nuts about you...

Good morning!

It's the first of September and I'm callin' it... fall is here! It doesn't even matter if the temps rise again for a bit because it's the consistent over night cool down that makes me feel the change of the seasons. It is also making the leaves start to turn yellow in the birch trees bringing a new color palette to my little outdoor wonderland. Gotta love that.  ;)

Which also means I am officially transitioning into full blown fall and Halloween cards on the ol' blog. I've been waiting to take Amor Anya and do a bit of altering to turn her in to a more generic looking little gal by wiping the hearts off her hat and changing her heart purse into a regular satchel. I just love her hat and even took a scrap of terry cloth and some colorless blender to give it a soft and fuzzy texture, kinda like Anya is sporting a fleece cap. I paired her up with one of my favorite wood grain papers from October Afternoon and the Autumn Acorns stamp set from Papertrey Ink because it just happened to be sitting on my desk. The leaves and acorns gave the card the outdoor touch that I was going for but it still felt like something was missing. I toyed around with a variety of different embellishments but nothing was working. Then I remembered this Frisky Squirrels die by Memory Box that I picked up this past spring and I knew I had a winner. Once I colored a couple of them up with my Copics this fall scene was complete. :)

Laters!    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon 
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Amor Anya), Papertrey Ink (Autumn Acorns)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Studio Calico lime light, Hero Arts brown ombre
Memory Box Frisky Squirrels die
Gold Smooch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- Y38, E09, YR18
clothes- RV63, RV66, RV69, YG91, YG93, YG95, YG03, E35, E57, E59, YR30, E51, E53
squirrels- E50, E30, E40, E41, E43, W1, W3

3 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Awe what a Sweet Fall card!!!! Love the cute squirrels! !!🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁
Hugs, Heidi

Dotty Jo said...

Brilliant! Jo x

Tracey Ann said...

Hooray for Fall! Love this card... I can just feel her soft fleecy hat! Thank you for sharing!