Thursday, September 10, 2015

Note to self...

Hi-ya!

So this past weekend I took advantage of the Labor Day sale over at The Greeting Farm and got a few digis that I had been thinking about for awhile. This little chickie, Blush Becky was one of my purchases. The reason why I hadn't gotten her earlier is because while I love the style of the Blush Society girls I'm not crazy about their sad eyes or noses. When the stamp is rubber that isn't a problem because it is easy enough to wipe away the ink and draw in new happier looking eyes. But with Becky being a digi and all I was a bit stumped on how I could change her up. I'm sure that it can be done in some kind of photo shop program but I am more hands on than that. Then it hit me, if I printed her on regular copy paper first then layered my Copic X-Press It over top I could cut some tacky masking tape in place and then run it through the printer. Once it printed all I had to do was peel away the tape and the spaces on her face were blank, ready to be altered. Sure it was a bit of work but totally worth it.  :)

Ok gals, I'll talk at'cha later! 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Pebbles (Harvest)
digital stamp- The Greeting Farm (Blush Becky)
stamp- Papertrey Ink (Choose Joy set)
ink- Memento espresso truffle, Colorbox creamy brown
Doodlebug Sprinkles
Studio Calico enamel dots
Gold Smooch
Close to my Heart leaves
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E13, E15, E18
clothes- YG0000, YG21, G43, G46, E40, E81, 0, E43, E44, E47, R37, E09, YR27

3 comments:

Heidi Brawley said...

Omg you never cease to Amaze!!!! Love your cute creation!!!!💜💜💜💜
Hugs, Heidi

Julie D. Richards said...

To the queen of altering. Love her.

craftshopper's creation said...

Love how your altered Blush Becky. I too did not want to get that stamp because of her sad eyes. Great job!