Friday, November 9, 2012

A Christmas Gnome

Happy Friday my friends!

Can you believe that I totally spaced Glee starting back up last night? Part of the problem is the show moving to Thursday and being up against another fave, Grey's Anatomy. I guess I'll just have to catch the new episode online when I can make some time. So far I think that the music has been pretty darn amazing this season, maybe even the best Glee soundtrack to date, though I'm still getting used to the whole splitting time/locations and character story lines. 

Anywho... as for my card today, I came across this sweet little Gnome Boy digital stamp a month or so ago while browsing Pinterest. My ensuing search for the image lead me to a new-to-me digi store, Birdie Brown, and the lucky surprise that Gnome Boy is a freebie! Technically he is a fall image but with just a few snips of my scissors and the addition of some die cut bells I was able to alter him into a cute Christmas Gnome. Normally I prefer to add a sentiment to the front of my cards but I didn't plan very well with this one. When I put everything together I quickly realized that I hadn't left enough room for the rather large sentiment that I wanted to pair with Gnomey so it had to go on the inside. It reads, "May harmony fill your holiday season" which I think suits the scene to a 'T'. Still, to my eyes, the front looks a little empty without it but I'm letting it be. :)

Ok, take care and I'll talk at'cha tomorrow.   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (music notes), Scenic Route (red graph), Making Memories (stripe, brown)
digi stamp- Birdie Brown (Gnome Boy)
stamp- Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa, Colorbox creamy brown
Bazzill holly leaves
Kaiser Craft pearls
CC Designs Jingle Bell cutters
American Crafts jute twine
My Favorite Things Dizzy Doily die
Gold Smooch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E35, E57, E59
clothes- G07, YG67, G29, R24, R27, E19, YG03, YG95, E81, W00, Y13, Y26, Y28, E44, E47, E49

14 comments:

kim.scrapper said...

Adorable card, I have never been into Glee but definately love my Greys, hugz

Julie D. Richards said...

He is so cute. My parents watch Glee, my mom records Greys Anatomy in the bedroom and watches it later. Have a great day.

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE!!!!! This is sooooo darn cute!!! love the jingle bells you added to him. Thanks for the new Company I will have to go check out now!!! I totally forgot about Glee last night. My parents took Brooke and I out to eat since the Hubby is out of town Hunting. Came home and I made 2 Thanksgiving cards!!! Well actually 3 but the 1 I had mostley done just had to put it onto a card!!! and I prettied up the inside too!! Well have an Awesome weekend!!! Love coming to see you on here regularly. I missed you sooo much!!! Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Billie A said...

Great card darling image, awesome papers and coloring. Beautiful work.

KellyRae said...

I just found the Birdie Brown blog yesterday and downloaded that same cute gnomie! Thanks so much for the fabulous inspiration. I was totaling looking at him as a fall guy and your awesome card showed me 'the way'. Can't wait to try something similar.

Mette said...

He's just fabulous (love Birdie Brown) and such a fun holiday card. Great papers and love how you adapt the image to the theme.

Hugs, Mette

PS: sent you an e-mail with some info that you might find interesting.

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

What a cute, little gnome! I love the jingle bells! And a big thanks to you, Amy. I got my blog candy (Pixie Twila) in mail yesterday and am over the moon. Thanks again:)

Loz said...

I totally stumbled accross this image last week too!! I was going to print him out last night but couldn't for the life of me think what to use him for! He's going to have to have a Christmas makeover here too :)
I love it - thanks so much for the inspiration :)

Danni said...

Super cute! I always love how your mind works...I never would've thought to turn him into a holiday gnome! You are just so talented and inspiring!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, This is just so adorable! I how you made him look like a sweet Christmas Elf. :O) I am so wanting those bell dies! Thanks for the link as come Tuesday I am picking those up so sure. lol... I have to tell you that I feel really bad as for some reason right before Glee came on I actually thought that I should email you and see if you were going to watch it. Now I really wish I had. I will only give you a little spoiler alert as the guys from the Glee project this year finally made his debue. lol. It was really good and next week is going to be even better! They will finally be put on the 'Grease' musical! I must confess that back in the day I could sing the whole movie word for word. My sister and I even taped it onto a cassette tape and would play out the movie and the songs. (yes, it was before the first betamax was ever sold. lol) Anyway it would appear that I still remember every song and I already downloaded the sound track this morning and listened to it on the way to and from work today. :O) Yes, you my friend know a bit of an old kook. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

So cute! :)

belldoubleyou said...

He looks so happy with his bells!

Maybe some tiny text across the bottom of the card -- lyrics from Jingle Bells or some other carol? It wouldn't be a sentiment per se, and it would still go with the inside sentiment.

Then again, if that's not the face of a content and harmonious elf, I don't know what is -- it's not as if he's terribly distressed by being wordless!

Leanne said...

Aww, he's adorable! I will have to check him out. Cute layout and I think for this one card the sentiment on the inside is perfect.
I haven't been watching Glee so will have to wait to watch them OnDemand one afternoon. The only way to watch them is to have a marathon. lol.
x
;)

RiNNE said...

What a cutie!! Darling card!