Friday, November 30, 2012

All the trimmings

Mornin' folks!

Can we say TGIF? Seriously, I don't know about you but I'm ready to officially say hello to December. :)

I managed to get a card made yesterday between working on things and running errands. I had stamped up little Ornament Tia last week so I grabbed her off the desk and quickly got down to coloring. Her dress kind of reminded me of a nightgown so I wanted to color it up that way. Growing up we always had the tradition of opening a new pair of pajamas on Christmas eve and one year my mom made us girls flannel night gowns with a little floral print on them. So after I made the gown off white I then went in and added a small holly print by simply dotting on red then green. Then I did a bit of altering by adding the Martha Stewart stocking sticker to her outstretched hand rather than leaving the extra large ornament that Tia originally holds. All together I think it makes for a fun Christmas eve type of scene.

Alrighty, I've got another whirlwind of a day ahead of me so I should scoot. Take care and have a good one!    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Simple Stories (Handmade Holiday)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Ornament Tia), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa, Colorbox dark brown
Martha Stewart stocking sticker
Hero Arts felt poinsettia
glitter brads
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R21
hair- E43, E44, E47, E49
eyes- B45, BV25, BV29, BG000, 0
clothes- W00, E81, E84, YG63, YG67, YG95, E07, E19, E18, R27, G99

16 comments:

Anja said...

Your card is gorgeous, Amy! I love how you've colored Tia, especially her hair and the pattern on her dress. The MS stocking sticker is fabulous, too.
Hugs, Anja

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is really pretty. I ove how you have made her little nightgown look so real. Great job on those hollies. I really had to look at it as I first thought it was patterned paper. Of course I then went back and read your post as I always do. :O) I guess you could say I am an open my present first then read the card kind of girl. lol... Truly adorable card my friend. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs, Lisa

Leanne said...

Awww this is so cute Amy! Love the little and big details.
Have a fabulous day!

Leanne said...

Awww this is so cute Amy! Love the little and big details.
Have a fabulous day!

Tracey said...

This is just fabulous Amy! I love it!

Mette said...

Awww Amy - she's just so cute :). Love the little scene and as always your colouring is superb.

Hugs, Mette

Dangina Martinez said...

Fantastic! I like the change to the image and the coloring of her gown. That is a great idea your Mother had with the pj's. I am going to use it this year. They would probably spruce up the pictures, lol.
Hugs, Dangina

Lau W said...

Oh cute cute cute !!! So lovely card Amy !
xxx

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG this is sooooo Adorable!!!! love how you altered up her jammies!!!! Love your card!!! Hope your weekend is Awesome!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Nancy Thomas said...

Super cute card Amy - love the image and that stocking sticker - pretty!

Julie D. Richards said...

We had the same tradition in our house. My mom made her and us four girls nightgowns to match, and my dad and three brothers had matching pj's. She would also make five dresses and four dress shirts to match our dresses. We took up a whole pew in church.

You always blow my mind when you see something different in an image. Love it.

Billie A said...

This Odd image is so darling. I love the coloring on her and the paper piecing, the gold bling is a great touch. Love your work.

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Amy, how is it that you always find a way to make me look at a stamp in a completely different light? You are so creative and I love what you did with this cute Ornament Tia. Amazing card and I love the holly on her dress!

Tress said...

Oh Amy, this card is so sweet! Love the holly dress you created!!! And adding the stocking sticker is pure genius!

RiNNE said...

What a nice tradition, Amy! Thanks for sharing! I've always wanted to get our whole family matching flannel pajamas for Xmas Eve. Love Tia's gown and stocking. Beautiful card as always!

Shirley N said...

Ohhhh, I love this Amy! She's so cute with her big eyes full of anticipation for Christmas. Wonderful card design! Hope you had a fabulous Christmas. The very best to you in 2013. Happy New Year!