Saturday, November 17, 2012

City Sidewalks

Welcome to the weekend friends! 

Anybody have big crafty plans for what seems to be the last weekend before all the holiday craziness is upon us? I'm working today but tomorrow I'm hoping to devote some time to creative endeavors before we go out to celebrate my dad's birthday. Hopefully I don't get distracted by other things and manage to get a lot of stamping and organizing/cleaning done.

For my card today I'm playing along in this week's Double Take Tuesday challenge over at TGF. It's a great sketch that really took the guess work out of the process though I did play with the proportions just a bit. I have been dieing to ink up this new Anya Styles because I knew that she would be fun for a Christmas shopping type of card. I strayed a bit from my 'use up scraps' resolution because the different color combo in this City Sidewalks paper pad looked so pretty with her. Plus, I couldn't resist using the cover sheet itself to give the card a very unique looking sentiment. Oh! I almost forgot... I also wiped away Anya's winking eye and used my lightbox to trace on a new open eye from one of the other big Anya's. All in all this was fun and quick and I'm super happy with how it came together.

Ok, that's it for me. Time to get this day started. Take care everybody! :) 

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Collage Press (City Sidewalks)
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Anya Styles)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
Making Memories and Prima poinsettia
brads
American Crafts knock out border punch
Copic Spica glitter pen
Copic black multiliner 0.1 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E50, E51, E53
clothes- W1, W3, W5, W7, W9, R12, R14, R17, E08, Y21, Y26, Y28, YG91, YG93, YG95, YG01, G0000, G000, BG11, E40, E50, 0

18 comments:

Tanya said...

I only have one word...WOW!!!!!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! She's obviously done most of her shopping in plenty of time because she doesn't look at all stressed. Such a sweet card and as always I love your alterations.

grace said...

OH MY GOOOSSSHH!!! I love this card like I always love your other cards!! :)

Julie D. Richards said...

I don't have any of these images yet but she looks like she was fun to do. I always love how you tweak the images. Fun card Amy.

gobeagirl said...

Amy this is just adorable. I love the fact that you used the cover of your paper pad for the sentiment. It just makes me want to pull out my Christmas line-up of movies and start crafting. :O) We have a wedding to attend tonight, so for right now I am trying to convince myself that this cold is just one dayquil away from going away. heehee.. Ok, might have to make it two. Hope you have a great day. Hugs, Lisa

Tress said...

Oh Amy! This card is stunning! Absolutely love the sentiment with embellies above her head!

Sara I. said...

Amazingly yummy!! Love the papers and fabulous design - the image and sentiment are perfect together! xx

Danni said...

So pretty! It has a softness to it that I adore! As always, love your use of papers to perfection!

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Just beautiful, Amy!

Shazza said...

I love her, beautiful card x

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute.

Craftdee said...

What a lovely fresh looking Christmas card... I wish I looked like that when I do my Christmas shopping, face it - I wish I looked like this full stop :-) Donna xx

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is a Gorgeous creation!! love it alot!!! She is Adorable!
Hugs, Heidi
p.s. just got home from being out of town.

Billie A said...

Sweet card, darling image and love the soft colors on her. Love the choice of papers used. You are just so inspirational. I love your work.

AerynK Designs said...

Awesome card, Amy. I love all the layers. Thanks for joining us in the challenge.

Aeryn
TGF Showcase DT

Leanne said...

Hot Damn this is AWESOME!! Love how it all came together and the sentiment is brilliant!!
Great card Amy!!!
;)

chrilvian said...

wowww love it, great image

RiNNE said...

She is ready for a nice day out in the city!!! Stellar design and coloring, my friend!!!