Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A red bird on the tree...

Good morning all!

We've got a surprise mid month release from CC Designs over at All That Scraps and we are sneak peeking them today! It's a super cute Birdie Day set that comes with four little birds, three bird houses, a birdbath, nest, tree and six coordinating sentiments... everything you need to build tweet scenes. ;) And if that wasn't enough there are also new dies to go along with the whole birdie theme. All of which will be available for purchase tomorrow in the ATS store.

Being in a Christmas frame of mind, I decided to use the set to put together an outdoorsy kind of Christmas card. I heard once that it is good luck for the new year to have a red bird on your Christmas tree so I colored these birdies up like little Cardinals. I slightly altered one of the bird houses by simply drawing in a wavy line on the roof so that I could color that part to look like snow sitting atop it. Then I simply added a few festive berries and these winter birds were ready for the holidays. 

My fellow ATS teamies have even more twitterific cards to inspire and excite you today so be sure to fly on over to the ATS blog and take a look. :)
XOXO 
  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- American Crafts (Kringle and Co)
stamps- CC Designs (Birdie Day set), Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Versamark and Colorbox dark brown
American Crafts white Zing embossing powder
Bazzill holly leaves
Kaiser Craft pearls
American crafts jute twine
Ranger Stickles
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic markers:
birdhouse- E41, E42, E43, E44, YG67, G29, BG0000, G000, 0, N4, N6
birds- R24, R46, E19, YR24, YR27, N8


19 comments:

Mette said...

A.A.A. = (Absolutely Adorable Amy). Those are the cutest birds and such a fun scene :).

Hugs, Mette

yvon said...

Super cute.
Hugs, Yvon

Jeanette said...

This is really sweet. Love this card and the new images :)
Hugs Jeanette

Marianne said...

This is so sweet, Amy.
Marianne x

Sudha said...

So cute, Love this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

Heidi Brawley said...

Awwwwe!!!! Love it all!!!! I love how you just draw in stuff. love the snow on the birdhouse! Those red birds are Adorable!!!!! Have an Awesome day!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Chrissy said...

Oh! I love this card Amy...gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Nonni said...

Oh wow! The paper is really cute and the whole card is just super lovely!!

Betsy said...

I LOVE this card! So cute, and that paper is just perfect! Can't wait till tomorrow to see the whole set!!!

Tress said...

Wow Amy! This card truly is stunning! So simple and sweet!

Julie D. Richards said...

You know, I love all the DT creations with this new release but making them into cardinals for a winter scene was so genius.

Danni said...

Super, super sweet!! What cute little birdies!

Loz said...

they arae very cute Amy :)

Billie A said...

Darling, Stunning, Beautiful.. I love this card. The little birds and the house is wonderful the background is awesome. I love the little bird looking over the border. Wonderful card.

Anonymous said...

So sweet ! I love it !

Leanne said...

Awww cute and festive! Will have to check it out.
TFS!! :)

Nikki said...

This is just so cute !!!

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, I love this card! I love your little red birds on their very happy paper. I think as always you have done a terrific job coloring them and I just can't say enough about how adorable this card is. I always love to see animal cards and stamps, but when I get them I don't think I do a very good job with them. You my friend have just nailed this... Love it! Hugs, Lisa

RiNNE said...

Loooooooooove the little sweet scene!! I've been lazy with cutting right on the line. You are so good at this! What a lovely image and card!