Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Baking up some Christmas love

Olo!

Sorry about the lack of a post yesterday, like I said, it's proving to be a very busy week. And things aren't slowing down today considering it's my birthday... mom's too. :)
We've decided to hold off on cake since there will be so much pie and other goodies tomorrow so my sis has promised one of her yummy cakes next week. Still, I want to do a nice dinner after work tonight to celebrate. 

Anywho, today is also review preview day for this month's Sweet November release over on the ATS blog. I couldn't resist coloring up Christmas Pixie Twila in a completely different look than the last time I stamped her. I found this ancient piece of Doodlebug paper and thought that it would be fun to alter her just a bit and turn that star into a star shaped Christmas cookie to match the paper. Then because there are so many great colors in it, I actually got to play with some purple and pink on a Christmas card. I added some mini doily die cuts and used the pearls to act like little gumdrops to tie everything together. Twila looks quite sweet and cheery so I'm a happy camper with this one.

Please be sure to hop on over to the ATS blog to see what my fellow teamies have created with the new Christmas Pixies... gorgeous stuff over there!

Later gators! :)    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Doodlebug, October Afternoon, Creative Imaginations, American Crafts
stamps- Sweet November (Christmas Pixie Twila), Martha Stewart (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and espresso truffle, Colorbox creamy brown
My Favorite Things mini doily die
Doodlebug brads
Kaiser Craft pearls
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- Y38, YR04, YR09, R08, E19
clothes- V12, V15, V17, RV02, RV04, R24, R29, R59, YG01, G07, G17, G29

18 comments:

Marianne said...

Happy birthday to both of you! Wishing you both a year filled with happiness, esp. after all you went through these long months. Hope you can manage to squeeze in a nice meal.
Love the card and the cookie/star. Already saw it on the ATS blog a few minutes ago, along with all those other lovely creations. Makes me want to ink up my new Pixie Evie stamp that arrived in the post this morning, together with all those other yummie release candy goodies. Thanks again, Amy, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Marianne x

Nancy Thomas said...

Happy Birthday Amy! I hope you have a very special day!! Cute, cute card - love the purple dress especially.

Maria Therese said...

Beautiful card ♥♥ Just altered a jar with one of your new Christmas stamps ♥http://mscrapping.blogspot.no/2012/11/candy-jar-for-grandma.html

Mette said...

Wishing you and your mum a blessed and wonderful birthday Amy. Sorry I didn't manage to send a card :(.
Beautiful card and love the details and colouring.

Have a great celebration :). Hugs, Mette

grace said...

Happy birthday to you and your mom!!
I hope both of you have a wonderful year full of blessings :)
Lovey card..Twila is so cute!!

belldoubleyou said...

Happy Birthday! What fun patterned paper; Twila's star cookie looks tasty!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE Happy Happy Birthday to you and your wonderful Mom!!!!!Adorable card!! Pixie Twila is a cutie!!!! Have an Awesome Thanksgiving tomorrow!!!! Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Julie D. Richards said...

Happy Birthday to both of you. It's an extra special birthday after these last months. Also, you did it again, you looked at a stamp and saw something a little different - a cookie. Love it.

Rhonda Miller said...

Happy Birthday to you and your mom.

Your card is soo cute.

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday to you, and to your mom, too!!! Hope you have a wishes come true kind of day!
These pixies are just too cute ~ I love each one more than the last!
Thanks for sharing your yummy Christmas card!

Leanne said...

heheheh, this is soo cute Amy!! Love how you have fun altering the images to match the paper!!
Happiest birthday wishes to you and your mom!!! Have a fabulous day and hugs to you and mom.

;)

Craftdee said...

Happy birthday to you... and your Mum. My nephew was born on my sister's birthday, hubby and I took her to hospital just in case the "tummy ache" she was having wasn't from too much birthday cake... and he was born 3 hours later!! Hope you have a lovely day, Donna xx

Tress said...

Happy birthday to both you and your mom! Have a Happy Turkey Day!

gobeagirl said...

Happy Happy Birthday to you my sweet sweet friend! I hope that you have been having a wonderful birthday so far and that you all have a great Thanksgiving as a family. What could be better than to have your Mom home and all of you together? I truly am happy for you all. I can't wait to read that your Sister made you your favorite cake. I remember when I first met you that she had made it for your birthday, but I can't remember what kind it is. You should take a picture of it when she does so that we can all drool too. :O) Have a wonderful evening and an even better tomorrow. We are headed up to my Mom and Dads', so it should be loud and fun and my Sister's family will be there with there friends as well. (note to self, bring lots of migraine medicine for all of us. lol) Just kidding. Hugs, Lisa

gobeagirl said...

Ok, so I am indeed a bit of a noodle brain. :O) I totally forgot to mention just how adorable your card is. I love the way you have colored her and I am so enjoying that festive paper. I think I actually have some of the papers with the cookies on it. Anyway my friend I think this card is truly fun and I just love how you have colored her star cookie to go with the paper. Hugs again, Lisa

kim.scrapper said...

Great card. Happy Birthday to both you and your Mom!

RiNNE said...

Belated Happy Bitthday, Amy!! I'm sorry I didn't get to greet you on time or send anything in the mail. I will make up for it this coming Holiday--- or maybe during New Year's at this rate, hehe!!! :).

This card is wonderful! The image is adorbs and I want that cuuuuuute paper!!! My only DT these days is the Christmas Card Challenges, and I'm on the look-out for the best papers (& cutest) around!!

RiNNE said...

Happy birthday to your mama as well!!!!