Saturday, November 10, 2012

I ♥ Christmas

Hi-dee ho stampers!

I had a bit of excitement last night when a (I suspect) slightly inebriated driver sideswiped the neighbors parked car and then proceeded to crash into my front yard, ending up only 10 feet from the living room window. We were just sitting around watching television when, all of a sudden, there was a loud crash and rumble that was startling to say the least! No one was hurt thank goodness, but the sheriff was called and a tow truck as well. Not that the driver stuck around for the arrival of either of them, thus my guess that he was probably coming home from the local bar. Yikes, what a mess. I'm just glad that it hadn't snowed yet because the lack of traction could have meant a lot more damage. 

Speaking of snow... this little Pure Innocence girlie is all for a nice blanket of the white stuff. I know that I've actually had this Sending You a Little Christmas stamp for a year or two but I'm 95% sure that I haven't actually gotten her onto a card before now. I'm not sure why, as I really adore this image but I guess I just never grabbed the ink for her until yesterday. It's another very simple layout design with more scraps getting used up. Which I really need to keep at considering I may or may not have caved for a My Mind's Eye Peachy Cheap deal last night... new Christmas papers... oy! We'll just blame the car in the yard 'trauma' for my lack of will power, what do ya say?  ;)

And on that note I should be getting ready for work. Have a great weekend... I hope you find time to enjoy some crafty endeavors. :)     
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press it
paper- October Afternoon (Good Cheer and Very Merry), Collage Press (Joy Ride)
stamps- My Favorite Things (Pure Innocence Sending You a Little Christmas)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and espresso truffle, Colorbox creamy brown
Divine Twine
Sticko epoxy heart
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E35, E59
clothes- R05, R08, E09, E19, YG00, YG03, YG17, Y11, Y13, Y17, Y26, E30, E31, E34, G07, G29, E40, E41, 0
sled/tree- E07, E08, E09, E19, C2, C5, G14, G17, G29, E57

18 comments:

Tracey said...

I *heart* Christmas too!! Your card is just fabulous Amy!!

Unknown said...

This is so cute Amy, what a sweet darling image and love the background scene :) Wishing you a lovely weekend. Hugs xx

kim.scrapper said...

Wow, glad to hear everyone was ok! This is a great card, what an adorable image. tfs

Nancy Thomas said...

Glad to hear that you all are ok - how scary and unexpected. A sweet Christmas card Amy and a great paper choice- I need to get that little girl colored up again too.

Mette said...

Whoa - good job no-one was hurt :).
Gorgeous card with the little scene and I just love Pure Innocence girls and Christmas. Although it's a hectic period I love spending time with my kids.

Hugs, Mette

Julie D. Richards said...

She is super cute, love the paper scraps you've been using. Glad no one got hurt last night, what a jerk to leave the scene though.

Marianne said...

Happy to hear nobody got hurt. I recently read about a Dutch family that is living close to an apparently dangerous bend in the road. They have had two cars drive into their living room in one year time! Not sure I would want to live there anymore. On the other hand, if you own the house you'd probably have a hard time selling it...
Love your card and that cute image. I have been hoarding images since I discovered stamping, but have yet to ink up/print most of them. ;-(
I'm sure I would have ordered those papers if I were living in the US or Canada.
Hope the rest of your weekend will be nice and relaxing.
Marianne x

belldoubleyou said...

Oh, it's lovely: lovely card and really lovely sentiment.

I really do like the way you use your patterned paper -- not just on this card, but in the others I've seen over the past few weeks (I'm a quite new follower). I wish I could put my finger on just how I like it, but no words are coming to mind.

KmoRakefet said...

SO sweet :-)

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG I glad your house and you are OK. How scary!! LOVE your card!! She is a cutie. Because of you I love this lil gal and have bought several stamps of her now. lol Love your coloring too!!!!
Hugs, Heidi & Brooke

grace said...

Glad to hear everyone's okay!!
The card is so cute!

Mimi said...

oh my! how scary it must have been! glad to hear everyone is OK! A very sweet holiday card and she is a real cutie! ;D

Rhonda Miller said...

I'm glad everyone's ok and that things weren't worse.

Your card is beautiful.

Loz said...

very cute, love the DP with the litle houses! glad to hear no-one was hurt, hate to think what the yard looks like though :)

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Amy, what a cute image and she is colored up so perfectly! I love that little tree in her wagon! Another wonderful card and I am so excited about how much you are posting!!!

cowboydutrem said...

Beautiful card... You may blame the car crash trauma for making you buy more paper, anyhow we all know you'll find a way to use it up!

Leanne said...

Yikes! So glad that everyone is ok, but man what a mess!! the important thing is that you are both ok.
Awww, this is really cute Amy. You have the best scrap paper scenes. lol..
The queen of papers I dub thee.
Love!
x
;)

RiNNE said...

As the previous poster said you are the Queen of scenes!! This is adorable and I love your design!! OMG on that driver last night! Glad you and your house weren't hurt!!