Sunday, November 18, 2012

Christmas in the heart

Hi guys!

It was a busy day at work yesterday and I totally vegged out once I got home so no card made. But I have another non-coloring card that I made a couple weeks back and thought that today was a good day to share it. :)

I used a mix of papers, some Christmas... some not... but I think they all came together in a very feminine and pretty way. The embellishments all play off of the sentiment with the snowflakes representing the "Christmas in the air" part and the heart sticker of course is the "Christmas in the heart". And I die cut the large snowflake out of felt which I think also adds to the warm and snuggly Christmas love feeling I was going for.

Okey dokey, I'm off to get crafty for a bit. See ya in 24!    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill
paper- Simple Stories (burlap), Basic Grey (stripe), Imaginisce (red snowflake), Crate (white woodgrain)
stamp- My Favorite Things (sentiment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Colorbox dark brown
Fiskars border punch
felt
My Favorite Things snowflake die
button
Studio Calico kraft heart sticker
American Crafts red jute twine
Studio Calico wood veneer snowflakes

13 comments:

Tracey said...

Gorgeous!! Loving those wooden snowflakes!!

Alice said...

what a lovely card!
Alice

cowboydutrem said...

That's really lovely!

Julie D. Richards said...

Oooh, I like this. Love the sentiment.

Lau W said...

Your card is lovely, so elegant !
xxx

KellyRae said...

Ohhhhh, the papers look like knitting. I'd wear a sweater like that during the winter :) And LOVE the layered snowflake embellie.

Loz said...

gorgeous Amy, I must remember that I don't always need a stamped image!! oh, and I love the felt snowflake :)

Rhonda Miller said...

What a lovely card. I love those snowflakes.

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE this is Darling. Love those wood veneer snowflakes!!! Fabulous job!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amy, I love this card. You are making me mad at myself for not getting better little wooden do dads when I had the chance. lol.. So far I haven't even used one of my sentiment ones. :O( Oh well, I am sure someday. Right? Anyway my friend I just love the colors here and the way you put it all together. Very very festive. Hugs, Lisa

Leanne said...

Awww, love this one!! It's perfect!
:)

RiNNE said...

Those wood veneers are a fave!! Lovely card- simple but so pretty!!

Robert Jennifer said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. Sommerfest Oslo