Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Warm and Fuzzy Yumi

Hey there, bet you thought I wasn't posting this morning huh? :)

Well, I had this special preview that I was asked to be a part of and I'm excited that it is finally here! You see, during my hiatus one of my very good online crafty friends, Leanne with her BFF Renate, started up their very own stamping company called Yumi & Fumi Handmade. How cool is that?! I can't believe that I missed out on their initial releases but at least I get to play a long with the Yumi & Fumi Winter preview today. 

Yep, previews for the new Winter stamps are today and you can see all of the amazing cards from the DT and guests over on the Yumi & Fumi Handmade blog. All of the new winter stamps will be released on Monday, November 26 and until then I hope you enjoy the sneak peeks!
My card today features Yeti Yumi and I just love her fuzzy coat. When I started putting this card together I picked out all my papers first like I normally like to do. That helps influence my color choices for clothes and what not when I start coloring. So I liked the yellow in the big polka dots and thought that it would be a fun and different color for Yumi's coat. Then I wanted to throw some of that red in on her skirt to make her look a bit more holiday-ish. But once I had Yumi all colored up it suddenly hit me that I had made her look a lot like Winnie the Pooh, LOL! I gave myself quite a laugh with that one I tell ya! But it's all good, now I just think of Yumi as being a die-hard Disney fan. ;)

Alrighty, thanks so much for stopping by and have fun checking out all of the other new Yumi & Fumi stamps that will be available soon.
Toodles!       


·   

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Bella Blvd
stamps- Yumi & Fumi Handmade (Yeti Yumi), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
The Twinery twine
Martha Stewart star border punch
buttons 
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R21
hair- E21, E23, E27, E29
eyes- BG01, BG05, BG49
clothes- Y13, Y17, Y19, Y26, R05, R08, E08, YG01, YG03, YG95, E31, E35
lights- R05, R46, YR04, YR18, Y13, Y17, YG03, G07, B01, B05
background- BG0000, B0000, G000

16 comments:

Julie D. Richards said...

I think she turned out adorable. Love those big blue eyes.

Mary J said...

So gorgeous, Amy!!

hapagirlren said...

I LOVE IT! And Pooh! I LOVE that too! hehe...as I AM a huge Disney fan! LOL! So fun and so happy, I love tgeh direction you went with this card. thank you so much for joining in on this release...HUGS!!!

Rhonda Miller said...

This is soo cute. I love her coat. Great job.

Leanne said...

I absolutely love what you did with her Amy!! The style the colors and the details all rolled in to one to make a really lovely impact!!
I actually thought more a long the lines of Big Bird, but I like Winnie the Pooh instead. hahaha!!
Can't express how much I appreciate this and how wonderful it is to see her smile so bright. Thank you so much Amy!!
x
;)

Loz said...

hehe, she does sorta look like Winnie the Pooh - but they're both really cute! love it :)

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG it's Adorable!!!! I love how you made her jacket look all Fuzzy!!! It's a very Fun card!!! have an Awesome day!!!
hugs, Heidi

Danni said...

She's so cute and I love how you colored her! Adorable card!

Unknown said...

Awww this is so so cute Amy, I love the bright colours and fun style of your card xx

Jovan said...

This card is too cute!

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Winnie the Pooh or not, I think Yeti Yumi is awesome! I love how you colored up her furry coat and boots to look so fuzzy!

Lau W said...

Oh superb image, love her coat ! And your card is wonderful with these vibrant colors !
xxx

Mimi said...

oh she's makes an adorable Winnie the Pooh! love her fuzzy jacket and the fun bright colors on the card!! ;D

Nikki said...

Fantastic Card love how you've done it

Angie:) said...

Love the bright colors! Her coat is colored awesomely!!

RiNNE said...

What a cute Winnie :). She is adorbs!! I didn't know they were Leanne's creations/company! Beautiful card!