Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Seeing red... and teal and white...

Hello again!

I hope all is well on this fine morning. So far the sun is still shining but I have heard that the unseasonably warm weather we've been having is about to turn. I'm bracing myself for the cold and the inevitable arrival of snow. 

Someone who is already looking quite ready for the winter weather is Miss Anya here. I got this new Scarves set a couple months back but this is the first time inking any of them up. I decided to check out the current TGF challenges to help get the ball rolling and the Double Take Tuesday challenge was a fantastic color combo that immediately got me inspired. The red, teal and white combo was all over some October Afternoon scraps that I had come across on Monday so I dug them back out and went to work creating a nice little park scene for Miss Anya. She is altered just a tiny bit because I chose to trim off her pigtails to give her a more sophisticated look. Pretty quick and simple but the paper really is doing most of the work for me, just how I like it. ;)

Ok, time to wrap this one up so that I can get ready for work. 
Catch ya on the flip side!  
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- October Afternoon (Holiday Style, Good Cheer and Very Merry)
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Miss Anya Scarves)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown
American Crafts twine
October Afternoon chipboard button
Fiskars deco edge scissors
Sakura clear glaze pen
Copic Spica glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- C5, C7, C9
clothes- R35, R37, E09, G0000, G00, YG41, BG000, BG11, BG34, BG53, E81, W00, T2, T4, T6, T8

16 comments:

Tiffany said...

So cute! I love the way you used the paper as a background and your Copic coloring is brilliant. :)

Nancy Thomas said...

I love how you made your image fit right at home with the skaters int he background paper. A gorgeous color combo too.

Nikki said...

So Pretty she just pops off all that BG paper :)

Zarah said...

Adooooorable!

Suvenkorento said...

So sweet Miss Anya! I thought you had forgotten Miss Anyas all together, you haven't used them for a while. I wish I had this Miss Anya, I love ther scarf, boots and piggtails!

Julie D. Richards said...

You're so clever at altering the images to fit your own ideas, cutting off the pigtails to make her more sophisticated was genius. I have got to start thinking outside the box like you do.

belldoubleyou said...

Heck yeah, the paper is doing lots of work -- what a great scene in the background. But it's not as if the coloring on Anya isn't pulling its own weight!

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Amy,
I love that you are always taking images and altering them to get more bang from your buck. Beautiful card!

Heidi Brawley said...

Ohhh this is Gorgeous!!!! So now with the time change I miss reading your blog while I am eating my Breakfast!!! Love your coloring on this a lot!!! Hugs, Heidi

yvon said...

Wow Amy, this is gorgeous. Love these "old" colors, they are real beautiful and the image is super cute.
Hugs, Yvon

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so pretty.

Billie A said...

You amaze me, you inspire me. I love your work and choice of papers to make scenes. LOVE - Hugs

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card :)

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, I just love this card! It is just so vintage looking and it reminds me so so much of when I was a kid and my Dad would take us girls ice skating. :O) I am sure we didn't look as cute or elegant and Miss Anya here, but it is still a great memory and I just love that your card with it's fantastic coloring and colors brought it out. So so sweet, really this card is wonderful! Hugs, Lisa

Leanne said...

oh, one of my faves!! love the colors and how the paper works to create your scene. Brilliant!
she's a beauty too. so many stamps so little time.
another wonderful creation Amy.
x
;)

RiNNE said...

I'm amazed at your placement/ altering of things to make the best cards! She looks terrific and so does the scene!! Do you buy 6x6? I used to buy 12x12 but the paper pads are so much cheaper. But I do notice that the smaller ones have smaller images too!