Monday, November 12, 2012

Peace, love and a video

Olo!

Well, we finally got snow last night. It started at about 7pm and didn't slow down. I was really hoping that it would hold off at least until after Thanksgiving but no such luck. I guess that means I have to prepare myself for the inevitable season of dashing through the snow... literally. Have I mentioned how much I dislike driving in the snow? Only once or twice I think, LOL! Oh well, not much I can do but just suck it up and deal. 

Now, today it is my turn to share a Make It Monday project or tutorial over on the ATS blog and I was anxious to dive back into my coloring videos. Sadly they have been more neglected these last few months than even my blog. I wanted to start with something relatively short and sweet so I thought that it might be nice to share how I color and shade a forward facing character to create the look of the bridge of a nose. It's not rocket science or anything but I find the tip handy from time to time. :)
I used the digital version of Angel Harmony for my example so that I could blow her up nice and big. It felt good to do a 'big head' after so long, they are always just a nice change of pace creatively. So if you want to check out the video you can find it on the ATS blog and my YouTube channel. Next up I hope to do a new start-to-finish card for November and get the ball rolling on that again... maybe next week. ;)

Ok, time to get the day started. TTFN!     
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- The Girl's Paperie, Basic Grey, Authentique and Making Memories
digital stamp- Sweet November (Angel Harmony)
stamp- Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento espresso truffle and Colorbox creamy brown
Martha Stewart border punch
ribbon
Making Memories poinsettia and glitter brad
Sharpie white marker
Copic Spica gold, green and clear glitter pens
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R22, R49
eyes- B93, B97
hair- Y11, Y32, YR02, E33, E50
clothes/wings/halo- R35, R46, R59, YG95, YG99, E81, W00, Y13, Y21, Y26, Y28

13 comments:

Mette said...

This is just lovely Amy and your angel is stunning. Love your videos as I always see something new :).

Hugs, Mette

Julie D. Richards said...

So excited to see you have a new video. Harmony is beautiful. Off to see your video now.

Marianne said...

Love your card, Amy. I had no idea you didn't like driving in the snow. You never told us LOL. Off to watch your video.
Have a wonderful week!
Marianne x

gobeagirl said...

Amy she is so so pretty and like I said on your video I just love how you have colored her. I am go going to try your skin color combo. I tend to get my self in a rut with the E50-E51 combo. lol... I also am happy I had the time to check out your card are you reminded me that I love doing blown up pics on my cards. I can't wait for the weekend to come around again. lol... I just headed out to start my car and we sure got dusting of snow last night and now it is raining slush that is sticking. I guest winter and the holidays are truly on the way. Oh well, what's a girl to do but go to work? Have a wonderful day my friend. Hugs, Lisa

Lau W said...

Amy, your card is wonderful, as always !
xxx

Nancy Thomas said...

Gorgeous card Amy and Harmony never looked prettier! I will definitely check out your video!

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Amy, a wonderful video and tutorial! I love how I learn so much from you everytime I watch one of your videos! I'm so glad that things are looking up for your mom and you are back in the crafting mode! Yay for new videos from Master Amy;)

Tress said...

Beautiful as always!

Jacilynn said...

soo pretty! love this Amy!

Marion Kuipers-van Eijsden said...

Oh Amy.... She is gorgeous!!! Love the background you've made and her tiny nose is absolutly stunning!

Hugs

Heidi Brawley said...

OMG I was sooo busy at work yesterday I never came to your blog to check out this GORGEOUS creation!!! I watched the video too. soooo Awesome! I still remember your blow up version of one of the mermaids you colored.
Have an Awesome day!!!
hugs, Heidi & Brooke

Leanne said...

I will definitely have to check out your video when I can sit and watch without distractions because this is something I would love to learn.
She's gorgeous Amy and I love the details on her face and the wings. I just realized that I have the digis and can practice your technique. So happy you're back to creating and sharing your videos.
Beautiful card.
Say hi to your mom!
x
;)

RiNNE said...

She is gorgeous!!! Your coloring of her is heavenly (no pun intended). Love the card!!!