Thursday, November 8, 2012

So happy to flutter by

Olo!

So before my semi-hiatus from stamping I had said goodbye to one of my favorite challenges out there, the Flutter By challenge. Now that I'm back, imagine my delight to find that Danni has brought back the challenge with all of it's fluttering fairy and butterfly goodness. Yeah!

The challenge this week is open and I couldn't wait to dive back into the fun. A quick search through my binders and I had just the Christmas fairy stamp for the job... Crystal Flakes from Sugar Nellie. It was a bonus that she had yet to see ink yet so that's another small crafty victory. I used the Crystal Flakes stamp with a bit of selective inking to add all of the extra snowflakes falling around her and the sentiment. Then I just added some glitter pen to give them a bit of sparkle. More scraps are out of the bag and onto a card so all in all I'm a happy stamper. :)

Well, it's looking to be a busy, busy day ahead so I'll wrap this up and bid you all adieu.   
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Believe)
stamps- Sugar Nellie (Crystal Flakes), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black, Colorbox dark brown
Fiskars apron lace border punch
Martha Stewart snowflake border punch
Kaiser Craft gems
Gold Smooch
Sakura stardust glitter pen
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- BG0000, BG10, BG11, BG57
clothes- R43, R46, R59, E18, YG93, YG95, YG97, C5, E40, E41, 0, E43, E47

17 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

So pretty!

Nancy Thomas said...

Such a pretty Christmas card. Love the image, especially how you colored the hair.

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this card is Beautiful!!! I too played along with the Flutter By Challenge. I had no clue it was back on!!! Yea!!! Love all those lil snowflakes on here too!!! Have an Awesome day!!!! hugs, Heidi

Julie D. Richards said...

Great card. Love the folds in her skirt, will be glad when I can get my folds as nice.

grace said...

This is a really pretty card..I love it! :)

Marianne said...

Such a sweet card Amy. Love the hair, too. I would never dream of colouring hair in that colour, but it looks great on this cute image.
Marianne x

Billie A said...

Beautiful again. Love all the details and the image the sentiment is wonderful.

Danni said...

Yay!! So happy to see you playing along! Adorable card with such cute little snowflakes and a wonderful sentiment with your sweet fairy!!

Betsy said...

Awww ... Crystal Flakes is adorable! You have the cutest stamps!!!

Nikki said...

What an adorable card love the way she's tapping the sentiment :)

Denice said...

If that's not the cutest sentiment EVER!!! Not to mention the adorable image!!
A sweet card and it's perfect for this week's Flutter By Wednesday challenge...so glad you had the chance to join us this week.
:Dxx

Loz said...

your scraps fall together better than my very well thought out pages from a pad!! gorgeous card :)

gobeagirl said...

Yet another adorable card! She is such a sweet fairy and I love the sentiment. Did you get the severe cold today? We sure did and we sure had a lot of frost on the windows this morning. I even came home from work and put on my heavy sweater, warm socks and made all of us some hot chocolate. :O) It was cold, but really fun. Hope you are doing well and had a great day too. Hugs, Lisa

belldoubleyou said...

Sugar Nellie fairies have the best shoes, all pointy with those bobbles on. I would trip, but I guess that's the advantage of having wings... you can wear really really impractical shoes!

I love the muted tones of this card with the cleaner ones on the fairy -- she pops beautifully.

Is said...

Oh Amy that is the cutest ever!
Hugs from Spain

Leanne said...

Yay for FBW challenges! ;)
Awww, I love this card. Super sweet with lots of sugar(nellie) on top. lol... sorry that was really bad huh? hehehe..
love the color combos and her blueish hair is fab.
i love how the snowflakes look like liquid silver. awesome touches.
x
;)

RiNNE said...

Love that fairy and that sentiment looks great!!!! Beautifully made!