Monday, November 5, 2012

Mistletoe kisses

Hi guys!


There is so much to catch up on and I've finally gotten time to do it. Last week I took Mom back over to Seattle for her tube check and doctor appointments and it all went so well. She had her last drain removed and she doesn't have to go back over for follow ups for six whole months. That means there will only be local appointments and since she is getting stronger every day there will finally be a return to a much more normal schedule around here.

To that end I'm trying to get back in the crafty groove of things. And to make that transition smoother I thought that it would help to get reacquainted with some of the challenges that are going on. Since I already had this Kaylee's Closet girlie stamped and ready to go I took a look at the current SOG challenge for inspiration. It's a great sketch this month that had me reaching for my scrap bag and going to town. And because this is definitely a winter/Christmas themed card I'm also entering it into this month's Winter Vibe Oozak challenge. How's that for jumping back in with both feet? LOL
Seriously though, I'm excited to be creating again and I've got plans to stamp out a bunch of images that I haven't used yet and have them ready to go to hopefully speed things along even more. That and I'll be looking into more challenges to keep the creative juices flowing as well. ;)

Alrighty, time for me to scoot. TTYL stampin' homies!    
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- My Mind's Eye (Merry Little Christmas), October Afternoon (Good Cheer)
stamps- Some Odd Girl (Kaylee's Closet and Winter Warmth), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and espresso truffle, Colorbox creamy brown
vellum
Studio Calico wood veneer snowflakes
Kaiser Craft gems
Gold Smooch
Sharpie white marker
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20, R85
hair- YR20, YR21, YR24, YR27
eyes- YG95, E35, BG000, 0
clothes- E55, E57, E59, YG21, YG23, YG67, R81, R83, R85, R89, E81


22 comments:

Marianne said...

That's wonderful news, Amy.
Hope things will get back to normal soon so you will have more time to craft and inspire us all and amaze us with your colouring skills...
Love the card!
Marianne x

kim.scrapper said...

Great card and fabulous news about your Mom. tfs

Nancy Thomas said...

So glad you and your mom are getting back to normal life again. Beautiful card - you know I love all the pink.

Julie D. Richards said...

So happy to hear the good news about your mom. Sweet card, love this image from SOG. How fun to pick out her outfit.

Betsy said...

Glad to hear your mom's health problems are finally righting themselves!
Love those little wooden snowflakes ~ gotta get some of those!
Cute card!

Leanne said...

Happy News on a Monday Amy! Say hi to your mom and tell her I'm so glad she's doing well.
Way to jump back in with this gorgeous card. Love all the greens and layers! She's fabulous. You have not lost your touch!
Have a great Monday!!
xx

Unknown said...

That is great news about your mum Amy. Hope things will get back to normal soon for you :) and your card is adorable. Love the colors and those fun wooden snowflakes. Hugs xxx

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Amy, that is wonderful news about your mom! And I am so glad you've got that crafty groove on--this card is spectacular! I love the colors and that eye color and hair color is so cool!

Mette said...

Such fabulous news about your mum. You can both spend some time enjoying that she's getting better. I am really happy for you both.
Lovely card and such great colours for a Christmas greeting.

Hugs, Mette

yvon said...

Gorgeous card, love this girl. Glad your mum is okee.
Hugs, Yvon

Billie A said...

Beautiful card and love the whole look. You do awesome coloring and your papers are just perfect for each project. I love it.

So glad your moms doing good and you dont have to travel over the cascades durig the winter. Love looking at them but traveling is another story..
Hugs

Rhonda Miller said...

This is beautiful.

Is said...

I love it Amy! The coloring is amazing! Really nice! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs from Spain

Danni said...

So happy to hear that things should be going back to normal for you!

Super cute card! Love the colors and the cute snowflakes..I just got those too! :)

Unknown said...

Your card is so cute. Great coloring too.

Kristy said...

Big hugs to you and your Mom, Amy! Love that you jumped back in with both feet with us :) LOVE how you colored this and the take on the sketch is so cute! Thanks for playing with us!

Unknown said...

Great news! So glad your mom is much better :)

Love your card.

Anonymous said...

Great news about you and your mom!
Your card is fab and I love your take on the sketch! Thanks for creating with us Oddies!

HorseKrazee said...

I really love your card! I like that you didn't use the typical holiday colors.

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Gorgeous card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at SOG! :)

Faye said...

Fab-u-lous colouring. Kaylee looks fantastic in her winter outfit. Thanks so much for sharing your lovely card at Some Odd Girl this month. X

RiNNE said...

Hope that everything continues to go well with your Mom, Amy! I see that you are meeting your goal as well as far as getting back to the crafty side of things!!! Glad and happy you are back to blogland and that your mom is getting back to her old self. Did you know that I got to go to Seattle this past October? Beautiful state and city!

Kaylee looks wonderful in her outfit. Excellent winter card!