Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Peace & Joy

Good morning! 

So I got a lot done yesterday. It was a good kind of busy with a lot of items getting crossed off of the to-do list. When I finally made it into the crafty room one of the first things that I did was dump all of my Christmas scraps out on the table to see what I have to work with. Yes, I'm back to my goal of trying to cut down on the clutter. This card came together as a result of that unruly pile of pretty holiday papers. As the scraps came together, I had to keep fighting the urge to add some red in there somewhere so I compromised when I colored up the pretty little Gorjuss Girls' hair. ;)
I'm pretty sure that the Sweet Water print was released way back in 2001 and I know the wood grain came out in last year's Crate release so this card is spanning the decade. I'm pretty sure that the excitement I get from that fact makes me a total paper nerd, LOL! Anywho, it was a lot of fun to put together and I can't wait to get back in there and make some more mish-mash scrappy cards.

Okey dokey, take care my friends and I hope your day is fabulous! :)   
 
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and Copic X-Press It
paper- Basic Grey (green), Sweet Water (tree print), Crate (wood grain), Kaiser Craft (tree scene)
stamps- Santoro (The Foxes Gorjuss Girl), Papertrey Ink (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and espresso truffle, Colorbox dark brown
buttons
Studio Calico wood veneer bird
American Crafts lace
Gold Smooch
Copic markers:
skin- E000, E00, E11, R00, R20
hair- E08, E09, E19, E18, E49
clothes- E8, W00, G07, YG67, G29, E53, E55, E57, E59, BG70, BG72, BG75

16 comments:

yvon said...

Love those gorjuss girls.
Hugs, Yvon

Nancy Thomas said...

Well from one paper nerd to another - I have a few pieces of Sweetwater dp too (they sell beautiful fabric now instead). Love all the soothing greens to go along with that beautiful auburn hair.

Lau W said...

Oh just love this card Amy !
Have a nice day !
xxx

Danni said...

Such an outdoorsy feel to this..sort of rustic which is awesome! And so cool to make it from scraps! Super cute!

belldoubleyou said...

Hurrah for scraps! Her hair goes beautifully with the brown wood grain paper.

(A decade gap in papers -- I'd be pretty excited too... except I wouldn't have remembered either one's provenance!)

Loz said...

this looks great Amy! I love it :)

Billie A said...

Lovely as ever. Awesome use of papers and the added red head gorjuss girl was perfect. Hugs

Tracey said...

This is gorgeous Amy!!

Julie D. Richards said...

I have paper at least ten years old but I don't know where they came from unless they're still in the packaging. Love the card, such a pretty girl.

Leanne said...

Adorable!! Why don't my scraps look like that? I must be getting the wrong kinda paper. lol... She's sweet, and her coloring is fabulous!!
Have a wonderful day and say Hi to your mom!
;)

Is said...

Well Amy, your mish-mash scrappy card turned out really great!
Hugs from Spain

Kimberly S said...

The gorjuss girl is so cute, and her hair turned out just lovely! Fun background, and so awesome to use up some scraps! hugs, Kimberly

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE your card is Super Adorable!! Love it when the scraps make an Amazing card!! Hope all is well for you and your family.
Hugs, Heidi

Kimberli Sarsfield said...

Lovely card and girl! Love the colors!

Bonnie M said...

This is so beautiful, and so Pacific North West.

RiNNE said...

Reminds me of the beautiful pine wood forests I encountered when I went up to the Mt Hood area in Oregon last summer w/ my sis. Gorgeous card!