Thursday, September 24, 2009

FFF Emboss It challenge

Ok my fellow Glee gals wasn't last night's episode hilarious!? OMGosh... Kurt and the dancing football team had me laughing so hard I was crying! I have to say this is quickly climbing my list of best shows ever. :) I was pleasantly surprised with Eastwick, I don't know who the guy is who plays Darryl but he is just perfectly sleazy and slimy in that role. I'm not sure how long they can make a series like this last but I will be watching again.
Ok, enough TV talk from me... onto cards... as soon as I saw the Emboss It challenge posted last week I had the idea of using my new Diamond Plate CB embossing folder with the new My Guy Ian. The only problem is I had to wait for My Guy to arrive in the mail. Well, he finally came and I was able to put the two together yesterday and I have to say I think it looks like a pretty masculine card, which can be hard for me to do. I did alter Ian slightly by wiping the ink from his closed eyes before I stamped and then drew him in a pair of open eyes with my trusty Copic 0.1 multiliner pen.
Thanks for stopping by! :) Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and GP
paper- Basic Grey (orange solid) Scrapworks (orange dot) unknown silver
stamps- The Greeting Farm (My Guy Ian set)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox blackbird chalk ink
Cuttlebug embossing plate
Little Yellow Bicycle decorative brad and misc brads
Copic multiliner 0.1 pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- E34, E35, E37
clothes- B93, B95, B97, C5, C7, E40, E41, YR12, YR15, YR16, YR09

19 comments:

crafty amy said...

Brilliant card hun I love the masculine feel looking forward to seeing the other card you have made with these guys :D

Amy xx

Victoria said...

fab - I think I prefer him with his eyes open too!

Great effect with the background

Victoria
x

JK said...

Fabulous! He's adorable w/ the open eyes. I mean he's adorable before but...yeah.

Its such an awesome boy card.

Tonje said...

Wow! This card is awesome! He looks soo cool with his eyes open. Love the silver layer...

RiNNE said...

Awesome texture!!

Yes *note to self*_ must learn that Beyonce dance that everyone is doing!

donna mikasa said...

Eyes open makes such a huge difference! Love your Ian! The CB background looks great, too--very masculine!

Recorded "Glee" and will watch it today....my daughter was laughing tons!

Jessica Diedrich said...

I haven't watched Glee yet, but did watch that new show Modern Family. Was pretty dry but some parts really struck me funny. Great card!

Jennifer said...

Yes, I loved it! I watched it this morning and WOW! It's one of my top shows too. I love your card and I just got my Ian's in the mail. I can't wait to play with them. Have a great day!

Unknown said...

So nice card! TFS :D

Anonymous said...

I saw the trailer for Glee earlier today, and it looks really good, but we've not got it in the UK yet, so i will have to be patient and wait for them to show it here.

Love your card Amy, the embossed background is wonderful, really does look metallic and masculine. My Guy Ian is gorgeous, love how you've given him open eyes, think i'll be 'stealing' that idea lol.

Can't wait to see what your gonna do to Ian next tehe.

Have a great day
Suzi
xxx

Angie said...

THAT's what the difference was, he has eyes! Wonderful man card. It's fantastic.

Kelly Booth said...

You are so talented Amy and this card is so very cute!!!

Crafty Jenn said...

I didn't know CB had that folder! Must buy....
Great work on the card!

Talk about LMAO!! Glee was soooo hilarious! I <3 Kurt! The "princess" wave he did at the end of the game had me rolling! They have so much going on already, and it's only been 4 weeks. Can't wait for next week.

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy I love his eyes open. You do such a great job....I think the card just rocks...lol Have a great evening, Lisa G

Angela said...

I just received this stamp yesterday. I absolutely love the look of him with his eyes open.. and your coloring is awesome..

Claireabelle said...

Great card Amy, male cards are so hard but this one really fits the bill
xx

CraftyC said...

Love your card Amy, great colours and a fab image!
Clairex

WickedPixie said...

This card is Fantastic!! That backround makes me think of tough truck drivers!
Glee was so funny! I haven't had a chance to watch Eastwick yet (I am behind on watching my tivo'd shows this week, but I did manage to get Eastwick recorded! Not on the computer though - turns out that new switch to all digital means my computer no longer picks up tv channels so I can't use it as a DVR anymore!!) :-)Traci

Tammi said...

Man, you are just SO talented, you seriously need to sell your own stamps!!! I love that you opened his eyes, I wish I had a smidgen of your talent and felt brave enough to try altering...haha, I'm afraid that would be a disaster! ;) I LOVE everything about this cute card.