Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The tale of the forgotten Sprouts

So I mentioned yesterday that my desk was a disaster zone once again... well, I was going to do something about it and started cleaning yesterday evening. I was organizing all of the Wild Sprouts sketches that I had made and used for the challenge, putting them away in a folder when what did I find? Two sad little Sprouts that had gotten lost in the shuffle somehow... both still in pencil sketch form but pretty fully realized.
At first I was just going to file them away with the rest of the crew... never to be finished, I mean the challenge is closed so what's the point right? But they kept giving me these pleading looks and me being a big softy decided they needed their day in the spotlight just like all their friends. So rather than finish cleaning I got these two pen and inked and onto cards and I think we all feel better now... ;)
Granted, my desk is worse off now than when I started but I'll tackle that later. :)
For now,
Meet Kate.
Kate is quite the little hipster and has a real passion for fashion. She loves to shop and design and never leaves the house wearing the same outfit twice. One day she dreams of making it onto Project Runway.
Meet Addy.
Addy is a true little beach baby. She loves nothing more than to spend summer days swimming and laying out on her towel reading magazines and her favorite books. Who knows, she may even take up surfing one of these days just to meet that cute instructor...

Supply list (Kate):
cardstock- Bazzill and GP
paper-My Mind's Eye
Prima flowers
Making Memories sentiment rub-on
Basic Grey flourish rub-on
misc jewel brads and gems
Colorbox blackbird chalk ink
Copic multiliner 0.1 and 0.3 pens
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20, R22
hair- YR15, YR18, E19
clothes- BV31, BV04, BV08, BV17, B79, RV00, RV06, Y000, Y02, Y06, Y08, C3, C7, C9
Supply list (Addy):
cardstock- Bazzill and GP
paper- KI Memories (yellow and solid pink) Little Yellow Bicycle (polka dot)
American Crafts foam accents
MOD pillow chip
misc ribbon
Colorbox blue lagoon chalk ink
Copic multiliner 0.1 and 0.3 pens
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20, R22, B000
hair- Y11, Y15, Y17
clothes- RV13, RV14, BG05, YR15, YR04, C3, C5, R24

27 comments:

WickedPixie said...

The point is - Our viewing pleasure!! Thanks for completing them! I love Kate! She and I could have a PR marathon and talk about our fave designer/contestants! And those pigtails on Addy are just adorable!!

♥Rach♥ said...

Ok Addy's hair is just TOO CUTE! So what if the contest is over, you should put these into a portfolio and send them to Marie to make your own line of sprouts, I swear :) Oh and I love Kate's little jacket and rolled jeans. You should see all the money I've spent on these in my head, LOL.

Gabby said...

I officially HATE YOU! LOL! I have loved EVERY SINGLE SPROUT you've come up with! I am jealous of your talent and hope that even though the contest is over...to see more of your AMAZING artist talent! Have you thought about having your line of digi'd or maybe even team up with Marie to turn your Sprouts into digi's? I would SO buy them up! I wanna be like you! :D <3

Gabby

Unknown said...

Super cute! You made so nice cards with them. I love all your designs, thanks for sharing. Have a very nice day :)

crafty amy said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I certainly feel better now lol :D They are both so cute! Addy is just adorable. Oh and I am with Gabby I would buy up your sprouts as you know without any hesitation so I think if you are not already you should talk seriously to Marie :D

Hugs

Amy xx

Victoria said...

Glad you did these lovies instead of cleaning - Kate's my favourite!

Even though the constest's over - keep making them they are fabbo

Victoria
x

Carisa said...

Love your creations!! I'm glad you decided to color these beauties up and share them with us!!! I'm still smitten with Stella....

kris said...

Abby is a cutie!! love how the pink stands out on Kate's card! another peek at your awesome creations! hugs, Kris!

Claireabelle said...

Amy I love your spouts! LOL the sooner you idea's are turned to rubber the better!
xx

donna mikasa said...

We're so lucky that you cleaned your desk and found these sketches! I'm partial to Addy because she's at the beach and Kate's outfit is a knockout! Amazing.....!

~*Joni said...

Ohhhh I am so glad these aren't for sale. My family wouldn't eat for weeks. ;) These two strays are so adorable Amy!! I aboslutely love the outfits, and your coloring makes them all the more loveable. Wonderful wonderful wonderful job. So much talent, so little time. ;) heehee!

kadie said...

Oh man!! I'm so so sad that these two cuties didn't make it into the contest with all your other adorable creations because I LOVE them both!! love them love them love. Kate's hair, heart shaped lips and lil purse is totally the cutest and I LOVE Addy's hair and little 2 piece! ADORABLE!!! I want to make cards with these cuties! :)

Mary Giles said...

Amy these are too cute and I'm so glad that you listened to their pleading because these cards are just fabulous!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Your Wild Sprouts are ALL so adorable and cute! They should all be a specil "Amy Sprout" line at TGF ;)
Love the first card with all of those flowers!!! and I adore all the bright colors of the second card!
Beautiful creations :)
~ margie

Tasha said...

Wow another two awesome sprouts from you AMy and the card are awesome ove the fashion rubon
I think we all know oyu will be winning that sprout contest - all your designs have been amazing
love tasha xx

Lysa said...

SUUUPER cute! Thanks for cleaning your desk and sharing these sprouts! :)

Alice said...

Addy is so cute in her bikini! really fun to see your creativity at work Amy! they are amazing!

RiNNE said...

can't believe you just drew these (& others)! You are truly an artist!

Tammi said...

So glad you made these come to life, they are both adorable, I really LOVE Addy! Fantastic cards! xx

Tammy said...

Wow - I love your whole WS collection girl!
I'm crossing my fingers that one of yours gets picked! I'll be voting for it for sure.

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amy, they are both just adorable. I love Kate's hair. It is just the shinniest red. She must spend alot of time on it..lol..I love Addy's swim wear. She is sure to get on with the instructor! Awesome work as always. They should have you design for them so we all could have your babies to play with. Have a great evening and thanks for stopping by my blog it sure means alot to me. Lisa G

Crafty Jenn said...

Ha ha! I totally know how that is, losing stuff in the craft mess. My table is pretty scary now too. I've even migrated to the kitchen table so I don't have to deal with the other one!

Kate's story made me giggle. I know people like her. Love her hoop earings. Addy is just stinkin cute! Wonder what kind of book she's reading.....

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

I love Kate! She's supercute. I'm so happy you didn't just file these away.

Unknown said...

Wow, Amy! These are as cute as the others! Yes, they definitely need their own spotlight as well!

Kelly Booth said...

You are so Talented Amy and I adored ALL your Sprouts...So CUTE!!

Tonje said...

They are both soooooo cuuuuute! I'm glad you decided to let them have their day in the spotlight... I think they deserved it!

Mary said...

I LOVE ALL YOUR BEAUTIFUL SPROUTS. I WANT THEM ALL.