Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I have a little Anya in me...

:)
Yep, if you've been to the Club Anya blog this morning it's official... I made the team! I can't put into words how beyond excited I have been since getting the news from Jessica, it's like I'm in a dream and I need to be pinched or something. First I want to thank each and every one of you for all your kind words and support that you have given me here, it means the world to me, truly. :) I honestly believe we have one of the friendliest, most amazing communities at TGF and CA and I feel very blessed to be a part of it all.
I'm excited to take on this new adventure with Jess, Marie and these super talented ladies;
Kelly Booth
Kim Costello
Pam Varnell
Suzi McKenzie
and Lysa Rohrer
This is also a bit bittersweet for me as I will definitely miss the awesome ladies from the first Club Anya team. I have to give a special shout out to Traci in particular... her creativity and amazing coloring skills have been such an inspiration to me from the get go. She does altering that totally make me jealous in a "why didn't I think of that?" kind of way. ;) I really hope she continues to share her beautiful cards with us because I can't imagine a TGF without her there!
Ok, I guess I should be wrapping things up for the day... oh and for those of you who asked about how I did the dress on yesterday's vamp card, it is colored first with Copic markers (C3, C5, C7, C9) and then I added a thin coat of Ranger Black Diamond Stickles over that, just using the applicator on the bottle to spread it around in a swirly pattern. Once it dried the Stickles gave it a really cool, glittery lace kind of look. :)
Today's card is the brown, red and white requirement from my dt application. I altered one of the new Dressy Miss Anyas by giving her the head from one of the original Miss Anyas. I really love how this one came together and the sentiment pretty much sums up how I'm feeling right now. :)
Sheesh... look at all those smilies I used in this post... told you I couldn't stop smiling!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill
Making Memories border stickers, flowers and buttons
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Miss Anya set and Dressy Miss Anya set) Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento rich cocoa and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
misc ribbon
machine stitching
Copic markers:
skin- E33, E35, E37, R21
hair- E43, E47, E49
dress- E55, E57, E59, R24, R27, R29, R59, E42

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Amy! You are so talented and your cards are awesome :)

Tammy said...

Amy - You've got more than a little Anya in you!
I'm so thrilled to see you were chosen for the Club Anya DT. You will have so much fun.
I can't wait to see you featured on the blog as I continue to follow you were.
Great Job Amy!!

Jamie N. said...

Congrats, Amy! I knew you'd get in. I'm soo excited to see all the stuff you come up. (And I too am really really sad wickied pixie leaving the dters...)

Kelly Booth said...

Congrats Amy...I'm so excited to get to know you and work with you...you are AMAZING to say the least!!

RiNNE said...

Amy, congratulations, girlfriend!! You so deserve it! Your entry and other cards are beautiful! :) :) :) hope you've "exhaled" now and is relaxing!

Kerry said...

Congrats Amy!!! After I followed your blog, I was hoping that you will get pick for the Club Anya's gardener, I love your work, can't wait to see more! :D

kadie said...

AMY!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeee! I am SOOOO excited for you!! Congrats!! Your work is OUTSTANDING and I can't wait to see what you do with the new stamps. HUGS, Kadie

kris said...

Yay Amy!!!!! i was so excited you made the team!!!! Woohoo!!! i was crossing my fingers you were one of them!!!! and Lynda for the farmers!!!! woohoo!!! but a very heartfelt welcome to everyone that made!!! one day i'll have courage to apply. Ha! have a great day with your awesome news!!!

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyy!!!! I was so happy to read your name!!!!!


Congrats!!!! I'm going to follow your adventure every day!!! I knew you'd make it!!!!!

SemSee said...

Amy, I am soooooooooooooooooooo thrilled for you!!! Can't wait to see all the new cards and creations you are going to make!! You are such an inspiration! Huge hugs, Sem xxxxx WOO-HOO!!!!!

donna mikasa said...

Congrats again, Amy! You have a lot of Anya in you! So happy for you!

Gabby said...

YAY! Congrats on your DT position for Club Anya! It's funny how just yesterday I was drooling over your Vamp Anya! Amazing work!

Claireabelle said...

Fabulous card Amy and CONGRATULATIONS on making the DT. Im soooooooooo glad as I really look forward to seeing your creations
x

♥Rach♥ said...

Congrats again, you so deserve it!!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! I think you deserve it- very innovative creations.

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Lysa said...

Great card! Congrats!! I look forward to working with you on the DT- Go Team Anya! :)

Kim Costello said...

I knew it!!! they just had to chose you, I've admired your work for a while and it will be such a blast to work with you and get to know you :) Congratualtions your wonderful card is gorgeous, may need to practice some of this altering too LOL! HuGs Kim :)

Unknown said...

Congrats, Amy! Way to go!!! Can't wait to see all your Anya work! :)

Tracey Feeger said...

I am beyond happy for you Amy. I was jumping for joy for you and I didn't even get a position for myself. Congratulations darling - as I said yesterday - very well deserved. Can't wait to see your creations.
mwah
Trace

Kim said...

Congrats Amy, so happy for you and can't wait to see your fab creations!

Snail Mail Creations said...

Yay!! Congrats Amy!!! I knew you'd make it!! Your cards and creativity just shine though no matter what!! Cant wait to see what you and the other DT's have in store for all us Anya Fans!!

xoxo
Jess

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Amy, i can't wait to see what new creations your gonna come up with, i really love your work and look forward to getting to know you better as part of Club Anya's DT, don't you just love the sound of that :)

I can't believe i've been included in such a wonderfully talented group of ladies.

I have to agree it is sad to see Traci leave the DT, her work has inspired me so much, I just hope she continues to share her wonderful creations with us :)

Suzi
xxx

Mary Giles said...

I agree Traci will be missed and I hope to see her still playing on the Farm, BUT I am also super excited to see what you do. Congrats!

Jessica Diedrich said...

CONGRATS AMY! I cannot WAIT to see where the next Team Anya journey takes you...you are amazing and I am THRILLED for you!!!

Jenn Borjeson said...

I've gotta tell you - I was very disappointed not to be chosen for the design team... but when I visited the blogs of the girls who DID get chosen, I felt better. You guys ROCK - no wonder they had such a hard time choosing... you do absolutely beautiful work. I love your vampire Anya! Peace, Jenn

Tammi said...

Amy I'm smiling right along with you, SOOO happy you made the team (I knew you would, how could the NOT pick you!!) Congrats!!! Love your card, great colors, coloring and design! ~Hugs

Crissy Armstrong said...

Congratulations on getting chosen for the team! You do great work so I'm not surprised at all! I love this creation especially. Super gorgeous colors you chose both for her and the card itself. I love it!