Monday, September 7, 2009

'Cause you can, can, can...

LOL, I just had to do that title for today's post. Any of you ever seen the movie Moulin Rouge! ? Well, it's one of my faves and as soon as I began making this card for the "I wanna be like Lisa" challenge over at Club Anya that song kept running through my head. I'm lovin' this new little Wild Sprouts Savannah, probably because she reminds me of a sweeter version of the Can Can dancers in the movie. :)
Seeing as I have the day off today and it is cool and rainy outside, me thinks I should be heading into the crafty room to get some cards and other things done... fun!
Oh and there is still plenty of time to enter your name in my blog candy give away, just post here.
Cheerio my lovelies! :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Cardstock Warehouse and GP
paper- Chatterbox (plaid) Collage Press (green) BoBunny (red)
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Wild Sprouts Savannah) Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Liquid Pearls
Martha Stewart border punch
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20, RV34
hair- E50, Y21, Y26, Y28
clothes- YG01, YG03, YG25, Y21, R20, R21, RV42, RV11, RV19, V05, R39, C7, C9

22 comments:

Tammi said...

Now that's a clever way to do the sentiment! Love your title :) and the cute girl, always so many little details, amazing card! ~Hugs

Jennifer said...

That is a clever way to do your sentiment. I love your work.
Keep it coming!

kris said...

i really LOVE this card... the colors, the pearls! one of my faves using Savannah... Keep up the awesome creations Amy!

♥Rach♥ said...

Oh I love the colors you picked, she is just too adorable!

Tasha said...

Oh this is gorgeous - fab colours and what a cute image
love tasha xx

WickedPixie said...

I LOVE how you've done the sentiment! So clever! She is beautiful!! :-)Traci

Claireabelle said...

Love your can can girlie!!! Enjoy your day off
x

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card! So beautiful :)

RiNNE said...

Your colorng is wonderful..especially that shadow!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

How pretty! I love the liquid pearls; they add such a nice touch.

crafty amy said...

This is so cute I love the pearly dots and the way you have done the sentiment at the bottom. How is the work on your own stamps going I can't wait to see more of them and to get a chance to get my hands on them :D

X Amy X

Angie said...

I love the "happiness" this card expresses! I just saw that movie (again) on Saturday!

Elena said...

Stunning card, Amy! I love how you colored Savannah! So very beautiful!!!

Amanda said...

I agree with some of the others, the way you have cut out the sentiment its just stunning.

Very KEWL!

Amanda

Tracey Feeger said...

this is gorgeous as usual. I am waiting for my Savannah to arrive in the mail - hopefully today.
mwah
Trace

Pam Varnell said...

Absolutely gorgeous Amy!! Love the liquid pearls on her dress. She is so pretty.

donna mikasa said...

Another gorgeous card, Amy! I, too, love how you did the sentiment...

Mary Giles said...

I love Moulin Rouge too! This card definitely has the fun aspects of the movie but in a sweeter way like you said. The colors are gorgeous and I love the liquid pearl additions.

Alice said...

really love what you did with the sentiment, too!! what a fabulous idea!

Jessica Diedrich said...

WOWZA! She is so fancy! LOVE Moulin Rouge...this ROCKS!!!

Serafiia said...

this girlie is just smoking hot!
can't wait my stamp to arrive.. :)

Allison said...

Wow, so cute, I love your idea for the sentiment... co creative! This will definatly be something i will have to try on a card.