Saturday, September 26, 2009

Funky flowers

Hello, hello to all my fellow crafty gals out there! Hope everyone is having an amazing weekend so far. I had some plans fall through but I am looking on the bright side... more time to play with paper and stamps, which can never be a bad thing. ;)
I know it's getting down to the wire but I finally found some time to play along in this weeks Anyone for Anya challenge, which was to use any kind of flowers on a card. The first thing I did was pick a pack of Primas (say that three times fast, LOL) from my stash that I hadn't used yet and built the entire rest of the card around the colors of the flowers. It was fun taking this backward approach because embellishments are usually the last things I decide on. Feels like I'm shaking things up a bit, which is always a good thing. And once I had my flowers and Wild Sprouts Megan decided it was her turn to shine... well the rest of the card came together rather quickly. :)
Thanks for stopping by! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and GP
paper- Cosmo Cricket
stamp- The Greeting Farm (WS Megan)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Prima flowers
misc jewel brads, gems and ribbon
Copic markers:
skin- E33, E35, E37, R22
hair- W3, W5, W7, W9
clothes- R14, R24, R29, BG000, BG10, BG13, B01

17 comments:

Claireabelle said...

I love the colours on this card Amy. Great idea to take inspiration from your embelishment, I know what you mean about working backwards though lol
xx

Jennifer said...

I love it! I want that stamp. It's always out of stock.

gobeagirl said...

She is sooo cute. I love the colors you used. Lisa G

kris said...

Funny how that works huh?! i usually color the image first and then put the card together... but lately i've been putting the card together and then coloring the image... LOL... but i'm totally all for your card! it came out very beautiful... hugs, Kris

Unknown said...

So beautiful card! :)

Victoria said...

'tis indeed very funky in the flower dept!

Another cracking card Amy, love the sentiment

Victoria
x

donna mikasa said...

Cute and colorful! Thanks for sharing the #'s for a more tanned Anya...Have a great weekend!

Renata van Miltenburg said...

:ove the orange accents in this red-white-bleu card! This could be the Dutch flag :) Our flag is red, white and bleu and when it's a celebration there is a orange banner. Our Royals named Oranje which means Orange. So far a little bit about the Netherlands :D

As always I love your card, it's bright, it's rectangle, it has always the perfect stamp and I like your way of writing!

With love from AFA!

Renata

RiNNE said...

So adorable! Love that you post something everyday, Amy, even on weekends! It's always good to challenge yourself by shaking things up a bit! Love the result!

MiamiKel said...

OMGosh, Amy - how sassy cute is she!! You are such a joy to create all these gorgeous, fun and whimsical little guys and gals! They just make me smile all over - SERIOUSLY, TGF needs to develope your entire line!!!!!!!! TDF!!

Angie said...

Awesome card as usual Amy! I love the color combo!

Dawny P said...

Fabulous card, fab flowers and a very sweet image:) I love the way you colured her xxx Thank you for joining us over at AFA, hugs, Dawny xxx

♥Rach♥ said...

Very fun and happy and pretty!

Kelly Booth said...

SOOOOOOOO cute Amy!!

Alice said...

love those fun colors!! so adorable!!

Silli said...

OMG, Elena, your card is such a BEAUTY!!!! I love the image and the colors... The border is fab! Hugs and happy sunday! Silke

crafty amy said...

Loving those colours and what a great tounge twister lol :D

Amy xx