Sunday, August 9, 2009

A clean desk is a good thing

I'm lucky enough to enjoy a little room dedicated to all my crafting stuff. It's nothing amazing but it's mine and I love it. The problem is that as I make a card or scrap a page I tend to leave the mess on the table. With each new project more paper and misc. items begin to amass until the amount of actual workspace is no bigger than a small card. Eventually I have to take a morning to clean it all off and I am always so happy when I do... so why can't I just keep it clean all the time? I don't know, part of me wishes I could do that but then again most times when I'm doing a 'big clean' I find things that I've had and overlooked and they inspire me to make a card as soon as the desk is clear. This card is one of those... I was putting away the little set of MME die-cuts, saw the frame and thought it was about the perfect size to house one of my little Ketto stamps. Though I am proud to report that I did manage to clean up immediately after I finished so the desk is still clean... for now... ;) Supply list:
cardstock: Bazzill, GP
die-cuts: My Mind's Eye
stamp: Stamping Bella (Maisy ketto)
misc ribbon
Ranger Stickles
Prima flowers
ink: My Mind's Eye
American Crafts brown precision pen
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- E17, E18
crown- Y18, Y26, Y28
clothes- Y21, Y23, R20, R21, R24, R27, BG13, BG18, E17, E18, C9
flower- Y21, R21, R27, YG25, YG17
wings and shadow- BG000

7 comments:

RiNNE said...

It's always fun to find inspiration even if it's from a messy desk! Cute creation!

Crafty Jenn said...

I love finding things all over again! And I love Kettos. They're so fun. Great job!

Come by and see my version of your "I wanna be like" card for Club Anya. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tracey Feeger said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous as always Amy. I love the bright colours and your coloring of the images is always amazing. Great job.
mwah
Trace

I am the same with my craft stuff and my area is the dining room table gated off from my kids. LOL.

Jackie Thomas said...

This card is stunning. I adore the colours you used. I too have a very messy craft table. I always say to myself, pack everything away after each card, but it never seems to happen. xo Jackie

Sandra MacLean said...

You and I have the same problem Amy! By the time I'm done at my desk, I can't see the surface! Hahaha Love Maisy Ketto - she's my new favorite!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

I usually have the same problem too! With my new scrappy spot, I've been trying to keep ontop of it all, lol, it's kinda working ;)
Adorable card! I love that you framed her in! Very cute!
TFS :*)

Mary Giles said...

Raising hand here too! I love this card! It is so visualy appealing with the colors and the arrangement. Perfect.