Thursday, August 27, 2009

Cool and crisp

Mmmmmm... there is just the slightest nip in the air this morning and some of the leaves on the birch trees out front have begun to turn yellow. Summer is winding down and before too long I will be enjoying my favorite time of year. There is something magical to me about autumn, I have always loved it above all the other seasons... I'm sure it doesn't hurt having a November birthday either. :)
And this fall in particular is shaping up to be pretty darn exciting. More to come on that later, I promise you. So do you have a favorite season? Does it coincide with your birthday?
My card today is another quick one using a Hero Arts cutie and paper scraps... yes I'm still on a mission to lessen my stash and I think I'm going to have to extend my personal challenge beyond the summer, the scrap bags just aren't getting smaller as quickly as I had hoped.
Later gators!
Supply list:
cardstock- kraft and GP
paper- Sassafras Lass (pink) Scenic Route (green)
stamp- Hero Arts
metal rim tags- American Crafts
Papertrey Ink twine
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Copic markers

2 comments:

RiNNE said...

That Asian stamp's just the cutest! And I love the color combo of pink & green!

My favorite season? Mostly spring and summer- and yes, my bday's in the springtime. But I also like the fall season when the leaves change color (& Halloween is soo fun). And winter's great because of the holidays!

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card!! I love that image. As for my favorite time of year? Autumn and winter, I love the colours of the autumn and of course I love winter cos that means a visit from Father Christmas lol
x