Thursday, August 20, 2009

Have I mentioned...

I used to do quite a bit of paper piecing. Yep, I would draw up my own patterns, trace them onto different papers, cut it all out and glue it together. I enjoyed it, there is something kind of zen and soothing about sitting and cutting paper with scissors. I even sold them on ebay for awhile but boy was it time consuming and hard to recoup all the time that goes into them. So I eventually realized that stamping is just so much quicker! :)
Still, every once in a while I like to sit down with my paper scraps and piece something together. This little witch is actually one I made a few months ago but was still waiting for a home so yesterday I made this card. She is actually just one of about six or seven little witch designs that I made, each doing a different activity. There is just something in my programming that makes me tend to work in series... if one is good five is better I guess... ;)
The same goes for most anything I draw... fairies, elves... well you get the picture...
So there you go, one more little factoid about me.
Fascinating, I know.
Living the life of an avid paper crafter is just one surprise after another I tell ya... LOL!
Stay cool my paper peeps! Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill
paper- Fancy Pants (black dot), My Mind's Eye (moon) and a bunch of random ones on her that I can't remember.
stamps- Heidi Grace (sentiment) October Afternoon (bat)
Memento tuxedo black ink
Making Memories ribbon
machine stitching

8 comments:

RiNNE said...

Very cute! You are quite a well-rounded artist! Can't wait to see more!

Tracey Feeger said...

Very cute. Well done. keep up the beautiful work darling.
mwah
Trace

Jodi said...

So cute! Halloween is such a fun time!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Tammy said...

This is scary cute! I just love the details.

Claireabelle said...

Amy, just to let you know the greetings farm and club anya are having a DT call and I definately think you should put your name down!

Angie said...

Adorable little witch. I bet you are storing up all these ideas and drawings for a future in SELLING them! I hope so anyway... BTW, thanks for the kind comments on my blog too!

Tammi said...

She's cute, hope you sell your designs someday! Fun card, love all the bats!

Crafty Jenn said...

I am loving this! Yet another original design hit! Great paper piecing. Halloween's my favorite.