Monday, August 10, 2009

Altering...again...

Have I mentioned yet that I love all things magical and fantastical? I bet you would have never guessed huh? ;)
I think I have my Grandpa to thank for that. When I was little he would buy me those cheap plastic jewelry sets that they used to sell, I would put on my "princess" jewels and then he would sit me down and weave tales of Neapolitan ice cream eating princesses, trouble making fairies and all sorts of other characters. And my fascination only grew from there...
All of that to say this little card is my homage to Disney's Fantasia, something I first watched way back when and fell in love with. I especially loved the section about the centaur girls and the little cupids helping them to find their special centaur guy... awww... classic. :)
That and the Shimmers dolls, did anyone else own any of those back in the 80's? Little centaur mommas and a matching baby? Oh man I totally wore mine out I played with them so much!
Anyway enough reminiscing, I altered mermaid Anya and the digi unicorn stamp from TGF to make her and it really didn't take as much changing as you would think. I simply wiped away her tail before stamping and cut her out at the torso then layered her over the unicorn. Voila!
Thanks for stopping by, I hope everyone has a great Monday. I'm off to the 'big city' to look at some scanners... :)
Supply list:
cardstock: DCWV, Bazzill and GP
paper: Sweetwater
stamps: The Greeting Farm (Mermaid Anya and digi Unicorn)
inks: Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
rub ons- Making Memories beach alpha and American Crafts purkey alpha
Prima got flowers
Ranger Stickles
Kaiser Craft flower gem
Papertrey Ink twine
Copic Markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair & tail- RV11, RV13, RV21
body- RV00, RV04, RV09, RV19, E30, E31, E33
top- YG01, YG23, YG25

10 comments:

Unknown said...

oh, how cool this is!!! Loving it, Amy!!

Stephanie J said...

I (heart) your centaur! Perhaps you will make a centaur Ian to show us?!

Claireabelle said...

Amy your blog amazes me!! Your cards are FABULOUS!
x

Tracey Feeger said...

Amy this is just gorgeous. I never had such fantastic stories told to me but I bet they have stuck in your mind and will until the very end.
mwah
Trace

Tammi said...

Just found your amazing blog...you are so creative, LOVE all your altered creations, just wow! This card is so cute, pretty with all the flowers around her and your coloring is gorgeous! Love that about your grandpa. :)

Kristyn said...

Love your alterations! I'm a lover of fantasy as well and I simply adore your mix&match here :-)

Mary Giles said...

This is absolutely too cute! I love the colors and all those little flowers add to the magic.

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Wow! What an amazing alteration! The little flowers are very cute.

Jen Shults said...

These altered pieces of yours are just too cool. You really do a fantastic job of matching your drawings to what you are given with Anya.

Perfect card... subtle and simple really make Anya the focus. Nice!!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

That is so clever!