Monday, August 31, 2009

Hola chicas

So have you seen the full reveals of the new TGF stamps on the DT's blogs this morning? They are all super cute, as always, but I have to say that I think the new Wild Sprout Savannah is my fave this release. I was so proud of myself for even guessing she was a can-can dancer on Saturday! It's the little things I tell ya... :)
Man, can you believe this is the last day of August? The summer really seems to have flown by this year. I guess the changing of seasons inspired me to make this card, as I am still all about my beautiful, crisp fall days. :)
I altered Anya from the Matey set for this one, just removed her sword and paper pieced her kerchief into a knit cap as well as a pieced sweater to match. Then I figured she needed a few friends and the squirrels came instantly to mind. Love how this turned out!
Adios amigas!
Supply list:
cardstock- kraft and GP
paper- Basic Grey Mellow
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Matey Anya and Forest Friends squirrels/sentiment)
Paper Adventures leaf punches
American Crafts felt flower
misc tiny buttons
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox dark brown chalk ink
Copic multiliner black pen 0.3
Copic Markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20, YG63
hair- YR12, YR14, YR18, E09
clothes- E25, E27, B93, B95, B97
squirrels and nuts- E00, E21, E35, E37, R20, E15, E17, E18, E29

19 comments:

kris said...

awesome alterations Amy!!! love this! It's really pretty! i thought i was looking at yet another Anya release! =D

Kristyn said...

Love the alterations! For a minute I thought she was one of the new release as well :-P Stunning work as always!!!

Claireabelle said...

Great card Amy, love those autumn colours
x

RiNNE said...

Super cute! Love your 'Fall' Anya creation! Gotta try that paper piercing stuff- awesome inspiration!

Crafty Jenn said...

I'm loving this! Fall is my favorite time of year (and yes, my birthday is in Sept). Everytime I see these squirrels, they make me happy. Great paper piecing! Totally looks like a knit hat now!

Unknown said...

Awesome card, Amy! Love the colors!

Brocéliane said...

so so cute Amy, love the autumn colours and the paper piercing:)

Angie said...

Like I said in the TGF Galleria, I love this card so much! I love the coloring you did on her hair too. I will have to see if I can do that. She has the same color hair as my BFF and she would love an Anya colored to look like her!

Kim Costello said...

Gorgeous card Amy love the colours and you're so creative with your image altering wonderful, TFS! HuGs Kim :) Good luck with the DT call x

SemSee said...

Beautiful card, Amy! Love the squirrels - they are so cute! Good luck with the DT call, but I don't really think you need it do you? *wink wink* :o) Hugs, Sem x

Snail Mail Creations said...

I must sound like a broken record when I say "I loooooooooove this card" But I really do!!!

I missed the new releases??? Where were they posted?? Omg I cant believe I missed it!!

Kerry said...

Super cute card, I love the altered Anya!!!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This is gorgeous! I love the autumn colours and the alterations.

Jessica Diedrich said...

Amy! I WANT that outfit! This is adorable and so, so perfect for fall! You're awesome, girl!

donna mikasa said...

Your altering is so amazing! Love the squirrels with Anya--too cute!

Alice said...

amazing outfit Amy!! you are so creative!

Elena said...

Super cute, Amy! Love Anya's new fall outfit! Really love the squirrels! You are so creative, Amy! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful card!!!

♥Rach♥ said...

Love your blog! Found you on the TGF site and your stuff is absolutely incredible. Love the colors you picked on this and how you combined the stamps. Beautiful!

Tammi said...

She's adorable in the fall colors, your so creative! Beautiful coloring!