Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Taking a breather

Well it may not be a Friday but I have a day off from work so that is good enough for me. I can relax, regroup and do some stuff just for me... like making this card for the first Anyone for Anya challenge. The theme is Sugar&Spice and as you can see I went pretty literal with it... LOL! You can't tell me that the Doodlebug papers and glitter border stickers aren't perfect for this sweet little baker. She is actually inspired by my youngest sister, who is becoming quite the baker/cake decorator. Maybe I'll give her this card if she makes me some vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting... what can I say, I'm a sucker for the classics. Hint, hint, hint Jacque... ;)
Returning to the actual making of the card, I used Teacher Anya's head and body (minus her arms) and Ballerina Anya's torso layered over it... I think it works as a frilly apron...
I've also been working on my submission for the Club Anya team. Right now I've got all three cards done but I'm not 100% in love with one of them... so I may just start playing around today and see if I can't come up with something that I'll be happier with. Or maybe I should just suck it up and stop second guessing myself and send it in. Ack! Decisions, decisions I tell ya.
Allrighty, well I'm off like a cheap suit!
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill, Kraft and GP
paper and glitter cardstock stickers- Doodlebug Designs
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Teacher Anya, Ballerina Anya) Studio G (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox creamy brown chalk ink
tag and twine
Copic black multiliner pen 0.3
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair- E50, E53, E55, E57
clothes- YG00, YG01, YG03, BG000, Y11, Y21, BG10, B01, RV000, RV00, RV11

14 comments:

RiNNE said...

I luv her frilly apron! So adorable! And those cupcakes are making me hungry! & your shading is genius! If anything you should also be on the Copics DT! Have a good ' Friday!'

Claireabelle said...

Great card Amy, love those cup cakes!
x

Unknown said...

This si adorable, Amy! Love your card! Good luck with the DT call! I know you will get a spot. Your work is excellent!!!

Angie said...

I love her frilly apron! And those cuppies are yummy, I'd eat one of Anya's cupcakes, even if they are paper! lol! I too have made 2 projects for the CA Team submission, but I'm debating on #3... Good luck, I know your are Team Anya Worthy!

Jessica Diedrich said...

This is adorable! You are very clever! LOVE the cuppies too...I'm hungry ;)

Unknown said...

Super cute card! I love the cupcakes! :)

donna mikasa said...

Super sweet! Love your altered Anyas!

Tammi said...

Love her and the cupcakes, and your coloring is always beautiful...amazing card!

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

Such a fun and pretty combination.

Jennifer said...

You colored the hair so beautifully. GREAT CARD!

Dawny P said...

This is just so pretty - I love the papers and colours you used. And how clever to use two images :) Thank you for joining us for our first challenge over at AFA. Hugs, Dawny xxxx

Kit said...

this is great, love how you have used two anyas to make this card :o) your colouring in is brilliant

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Love the fun and fresh colours and the yummie cupcakes ;)

Thanks for joining us this first challenge!

Sunny regards, Renata

Crafty Jenn said...

I love this! The ballerina outfit makes a great apron. Now I'm hungry for cupcakes! Hee hee!