Sunday, August 16, 2009

FFF sewing challenge

For this week's FFF challenge at The Greeting Farm Elena issued a sewing challenge. Now, I have my mom's old Bernina and it actually sits at the end of my desk but when I let the desk get, ahem, a tad messy well, it becomes a hassle to pull it around. Needless to say most times I leave the mess and skip the stitching. Which is a shame because I really do love the look of stitching on a card or page. Luckily for me I have successfully managed to keep my desk clear for a whole week and it was easy to play along in the challenge. :)
And a silly little confession... I think this may be my fave TGF card that I've made so far. Ya see... I kind of view it as my TGF self portrait. Not that I wear big bows in my hair but it is about the same length and Reeta's clothes have a kind of fallish feel to me which is my fave season. Not to mention I just had to alter the cat into my crazy little Yorkie, Duke. Throw all that in with some of my fave paper from October Afternoon and this one will always be a bit special to me. I opened her eyes by wiping off the ink from the closed ones before I stamped and then I stamped Annika's head on a piece of scratch paper so that I could trace them onto Reeta using my Copic Multiliner pen and my lightbox... not too hard at all. And if you don't have a light box any bright window will do the trick. ;)
Anywho, I gotta get ready for work so I'll catch you again tomorrow. :)

Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and GP
paper and die cut- October Afternoon
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Wild Sprouts Reeta) Hero Arts (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black and My Mind's Eye brown
machine stitching
Copic Mulitliner black 0.1
Copic markers:
sorry... I lost my list I had written down, if I find it I will add it later

9 comments:

Brocéliane said...

gorgeous card Amy, love this :)

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Oooo, love this one too! Your coloring is great! I have such a hard time with dark hair!
Great dp!
TFS :*)

RiNNE said...

This is very cute! Besides your fairy cards, this one's my fave too!

donna mikasa said...

Love how you personalized this card, and your altering is amazing!

Kim said...

What a beauty Amy! She's adorable! I'm with you on the fall clothes...my favorite season for dressing! :) Although then that means winter is on its way and I'm not huge on winter...don't like the snow! Beautiful card hun and love your altering...the yorkie is absolutely ADORABLE!!
Hugs~ Kim

Unknown said...

how cute, Amy! But of course, you always make beaitufl creations!!! :)

Angie said...

OMGoodness this is wonderful! I love you uh... Reeta with her eyes open! And that Yorkie is too cute. You know, I've seen those papers around and they are so sweet looking. I wonder where I could find some that would ship to me. hm, may have to do a bit of shopping!

Crafty Jenn said...

How fun! I think I prefer Reeta with her eyes open. The Duke tribute is very cool.

This was one of the first TGF stamps I bought since I have a cat and like to color them to look like us.

Elena said...

Beautiful card, Amy! Love Reeta's clothes and her puppy!
So glad you played with us this week!