Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Club Anya back to school challenge

I was so excited to read on the Club Anya blog yesterday, that challenges would be issued each day this week. I just love how a good challenge, well... challenges me to think and create within certain parameters. Having a certain starting off point, whether it is a sketch, color combo or something else really appeals to my card making nature I guess. :)
So yesterday Janna had a Back to School themed challenge and I immediately thought of this old DCWV paper in my stash and knew it was time to show Ian some love. He is actually a mix of Baseball Ian's head (with new eyes drawn in) and Dress Me Up Ian's body and clothes. Oh and I added the piece of chalk in his hand too... do any schools still use chalk boards these days? I think all I've seen lately are the white erase boards. I have to say they just aren't as reminiscent of school days as a good old fashioned chalk board is. ;) Supply list:
cardstock: Bazzill and GP
paper: DCWV (chalkboard) Scenic Route (lined)
stamps: The Greeting Farm (Baseball Ian and Dress Me Up Ian)
cork sheet
Pebbles Inc. sticker
misc buttons
embroidery floss
Copic Multiliner black pen 0.1
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E11, R20
hair-Y13, Y15, Y17
clothes- B32, B34, B37, B000, E41, E42, E43, C3, C5, C7, C9

6 comments:

RiNNE said...

must say that i love your take on this challenge. You are so creative- from your altered Ian to your chalkboard! You should be one of the designers!

But I don't think little boys are allowed to wear their hat in class ;). Maybe that's why he got in trouble?? Hehe!

Claireabelle said...

Brilliant card Amy and I definately agree with Rinne, you should certainly be on there design team!
x

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Too too CUTE!!! LOL! Ooops! I thought that you were on the DT!
I hope that this won't be my 5yo when he starts Kindergarten in a few weeks ;) He wants to wear his hats to school, and there is a strict no hats allowed! LOL!
TFS :*)

Tracey Feeger said...

Gorgeous card. Good luck with the challenges. I wish I had time to enter all of them.

Pop on over to my blog if you want to enter my candy.

mwah
Trace

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful card. I love it!

Unknown said...

Super cool card, Amy! I love the altered Ian!