Saturday, August 22, 2009

Birthday fun

Well I hope everyone is enjoying this fine Saturday! I'm getting ready to help with a special little girl's 9th birthday party this evening. She wanted to do a crafting project so I put together some little 6x6 blank mini books and they will get to decorate them all up with a bunch of fun papers, embellishments and of course do some coloring of Anya images to make a kind of "My favorite things" book. It is going to be so cute!
The colors she picked out for the covers of the books were this teal and razzleberry combo so I had to use them on the card I made for her. It was perfect because I was able to use this week's FFF sketch challenge for it too... gotta love that. As you can see, I totally altered the Birthday Ian digi into a Birthday Anya and her hair is heavily influenced by pics I've seen of the Easter Anya digi (I'm still hoping and praying she becomes rubber this next spring so I can snag her up... hint, hint, hint Marie and Jess...). ;)
And thanks for all the nice comments yesterday about my decision to try out, they mean a lot to me! Right now I am equal parts nervous and excited about the whole thing, and you just know the nerves will take over the closer we get to decision time... yipes! :)
Time for me to make like a tree and leave! LOL!
Supply list:
cardstock- Georgia Pacific
paper- Glitz Designs (purple and teal) unknown old balloon paper
stamp- The Greeting Farm (Birthday Ian digi) altered
Tim Holtz Broken China Distress Ink
American Crafts alpha rub ons
Heidi Swapp bling crown
Kaiser Craft jewels
Ranger Stickles and white Inksentials pen
Copic Multiliner black pen 0.3
Copic markers:
skin- E00, E21, E33, R20
hair- E43, E47, E49
dress and presents- BG07, BG09, BG18, V05, V06, RV19, YG01, YG23, YG17, BG000, Y15, Y17, YR15, R21, R35, R37, RV06, RV17

11 comments:

Pöydän kulmalla näpertelijä said...

This is absolutely fabulous. Weird timing as well since this morning I came up with my own idea about turning Birthday Ian into an Anya. Nothing as fabulous as this of course but after seeing this I just have to make a card out of her.

Jenny V. said...

Wow Amy! I just love how you altered your TGF stamps. You do it so perfect and your getting so good at it, I still need more practice. I love the colors you use. I think you should try out the TGF DT. Everyone loves your work. TFS and have a great weekend.

Jenny

Jessica Diedrich said...

Oh i hear you, LOUD and clear ;) hee hee....

This is AMAZING Amy!

Snail Mail Creations said...

This is so adorable I cant stand it!! You have the BEST ideas!!

Tammi said...

Your so clever! This is so cute! Adorable image, love her crown and the pretty presents! The girls will have so much fun decorating those books!

Mary Giles said...

Oh this is fabulous! I lov ehow you switched it from a little boy to a girl! Brilliant. Best of luck girlie! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Crafty Jenn said...

Cute, cute! Yet another fabby altered TGF! Hope you're having fun at the party tonight. I'm sure all the kids will love your project. What a generous friend!

donna mikasa said...

You're a whiz at altering! Love this...cute and clever!

Angie said...

This is such a sweet idea! I am getting ready for my son's 6th bday party right now, but I can't wait until my DD is old enough to have Interactive Bdays where I can do stuff like this!

SemSee said...

Hi Amy! I found your blog through TGF galleria, and I'm SO glad I did! I've had a bit of a browse and I absolutely LOVE the way you alter images (something I've never tried so far!). You are such an inspiration and I've become a follower (hope that's okay) so I can keep up with your fab creations! And your colouring is AMAZING!! Hugs, Sem x

Alice said...

Hi Amy, I found your blog through a dear friend and I am so happy that she introduced you to me. Your projects are just so inspiring!! I love the altered Ian digi stamp! It's amazing and creative!!