Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Fidget Goblinspider

So the other day I was playing around on the internet and came across this fun fairy name generator site, www.emmadavies.net/fairy
You type in your name and not only does it give you your fairy name but also a little description as well. So I did my mom, my sisters and myself to see what came up... I thought they were so funny that I just had to draw up our fairy selves and make some cards. :)
This first one is my mom, Fidget Goblinspider. She lives in rotting woodlands near poisonous toadstools and wears red with white spots, like the toadstools. She has gentle green wings like a butterfly.
I have to say, she turned out exactly how I envisioned her and Mom approves too... ;) Supply list:
cardstock: Bazzill and GP
papers: Basic Grey (brown) Scrapworks (leaf and solid green)
stamps: The Greeting Farm (wonderland set mushrooms) Hero Arts (sentiment)
inks: Memento tuxedo black and Colorbox chestnut ink
Ranger Stickles and Inksentials white pen
twine
Copic Multiliner black pens 0.1 and 0.3
Copic markers:
skin- E50, YR000, E51, R20
hair- Y17, YR14, E08
eyes- YG00, YG95, E57
lips- R22, R05
shirt/shoes- E55, E57, E59
skirt- R05, R08, YR18, BG000
wings- YG000, YG03, YG95
mushrooms- R05, R08, YR18, BG000, E40, E41, E43, E57, E59

15 comments:

RiNNE said...

Your card is amazing and beautiful. Love the l.o. & paper that you used. But when I click on the site, it doesn't work. I'd love to find out my fairy name.

RiNNE said...

Ok. Got it- it's www.emmadavies.net/fairy

thanks

Kim said...

Your card is super adorable and I can't wait to go to the fairy site and get my name.

Kim said...

WAIT A MINUTE! I just re-read your description, did you say you drew that fairy? If you did you better start your own stamp company and I would be first in line!

Tammy said...

Super cute card. What a great fairy!

Angie said...

OMGoodness Gracious Amy! I think you need to sell these digis! YOu could totally make money at it, this one is AMAZING! I want to see you and your sister as fairies! Hey... what if your blog readers came back here and told you our fairy names... would you draw US?? LOl! You are an amazing artist!

Tracey Feeger said...

OMG she is just sooooo cute. I am with Kim. If you did a stamp line like this I would certainly be there in a flash. You are one talented lady. Keep it up - I love seeing your creations.
mwah
Trace

Nicole (Inky's Mama) said...

I have to agree that I think you have amazing work. I could not find a link to email you......Please email me at Inkyimpressions@hotmail.com as I would like to chat with you. :) HUGS! Nicole (Inky's Mama)

Claireabelle said...

Amy this is FABULOUS!!!! I definately agree with the others, you have a huge talent!
x

Elena said...

Amy,
I agree with everybody! You GOT a BIG TALENT! And you DRAWING is FABUULOUS! I think you really need to think about your stamping company! Your Fairies are Fantastic! Maybe you can start with digital stamps!
Thank you so much for sharing your talent, Amy!

Snail Mail Creations said...

I agree! You seriously need to make your own stamp line of these fairies! I love them and would definitely fight everyone in line for these lol! :D

Crafty Jenn said...

At first I was like, "oh! these stamps are so cute! i wonder where i can get them?" Then I found this entry and found out you made it YOURSELF!! Amazing!

I'm with everyone else. You definately have a business in the works. If rubber's too scary, just start with digi stamps. Judging from your starting entries and self-critique, you might need a computer savvy friend to help. ;)

Tammi said...

CUTE!! I'd def. buy these as stamps or digi's, they are definitely unique and beautiful! Love the fairy names, lol!

Allison said...

Aha! Its fun Looking back (its currently the end of October) youre stamps are being produced as we speak. Congratulations! I will definatly be looking up my name in Fairy... fun.

RiNNE said...

Ok...I had to look back at this post when I got my stamp! And I can't believe that I didn't mention your drawing on my previous comment: Better late than never: She's my favorite of your drawings! So stunning!