Sunday, August 30, 2009

Challenging challenges

Good Sunday morning to you, hope everyone had a pleasant weekend. :)
I found the time to make this card for the Club Anya "I wanna be like Pam" challenge. Her work is amazing and I will be the first to admit that this card pushed me out of my card making comfort zone. As you have probably seen I don't do a whole lot of multiple layers... and though it took some effort on my part I'm really glad I did because I think they are exactly what this card needed. :)
Just FYI, there is a new sketch challenge over at Anyone for Anya this week... looks to be a fun one and the DT examples are fantastic!
And on Friday I finally got my act together and sent in my application for the Club Anya design team. There is no going back now, no choosing different cards, no more second guessing... and let me tell you the nerves have definitely begun and they just keep getting worse as the big day approaches. I know I can't be the only one out there feeling this way, so good luck to everyone trying out... the wait is almost over. :)
Supply list:
cardstock- Bazzill and GP
paper- old Karen Foster, even older unknown blue snowflakes and KI Memories lace snowflakes
stamps- The Greeting Farm (Fairy Eva) Doodlebug Designs (sentiment)
ink- Memento tuxedo black
Doodlebug Design gems
misc ribbon
Fiskars mini scallop scissors
Ranger Stickles and white Inksentials pen
white puffy paint
copic markers

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Sweetie!!!!! I'm sure you'll make it! You are so unbelievably talented!!!! I'm crossing all my fingers and toes and everything else I can for you!!!!!

Hugs!

Karen

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Best of luck, and by the way, that is a lovely card! Great and unusual use of that particular image. I love wintery looking cards. (Perhaps because it's almost 100 every day here in Houston and I have to say, I'm a little tired of it!)

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card Amy and good luck!!
x

Brocéliane said...

A pure marvel Amy, love your card:)

Jennifer said...

WOW, at that is amazing! Beautiful card, Amy!

Jessica Diedrich said...

HOLY CANNOLI to coin a phrase from a good friend of mine...WOW. LOVE. You have my addy, right? ;) LOL just teasing...sorta hee hee

donna mikasa said...

Gorgeous card...love the blues! Good luck with the DT spot!

RiNNE said...

Such an amazing creation! If you don't make it to the DT, I'd be really surprised!

Tracey Feeger said...

OMG can you say "Stunning"...???? This is beautiful. Love the blue hair.
mwah
Trace

Alice said...

Love all the beautiful shades of blues in this! gorgeous card!! Good luck on the DT spot!!

Angie said...

I love this! I love the sentiment too. I think I may have it, i'll have to check. Good luck on the DT call. I have butterflies in my belly when I think of it too!

Kim said...

OK, your making me shiver, but this is gorgeous!

Mary Giles said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! My fingers are crossed for you girlie. I just love your creations.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh wow, this is fab, love it.

Snail Mail Creations said...

This card just feels cold, frosty and magical! I'm Lovin it girlie!!

Good Luck with applying for a spot on the DT! You deserve a spot on their team! :)
I'd love to see what you sent in as your submission once decisions have been made :D

♥Rach♥ said...

I lllllllove snowflakes and this is just beautiful. Really gorgeous.